0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Rockin' Gully - Let the Good Times Roll

Having not attended the Gully’s Church of Rock for some time due mainly to a little seachange circumstance, I am pleasantly surprised to be greeted by a very noticeable revival in mood and vibe in the last month or so. Maybe it has gone on a little longer but I haven’t been around to know for sure. Can’t quite put a finger on it - maybe the promoter’s advertising is working or maybe rockers like the selection of bands now playing there. And we did have some of Melbourne’s most popular bands playing at the Gully in the last few weeks – Black Hill Ramblers, the Detonators, Itchy Fingers and last Sunday, the Atomic Hi Tones. Whatever it is, I say keep the good times rolling.

The “congregation" attending the church of rock seems to have grown in numbers and there are dancers, dancers everywhere. And that’s not including those present who simply love the sound of live rockabilly with a beer in hand. If my memory serves me right, there was at one point in time when I struggled to get enough dance partners to justify the tag that Robe famously puts it – a Sheepdog or a rock ‘n’ roll Mormon. Lately though, the Gully’s dance floor has been putting up “No Vacancy” sign all afternoon. Better still, there are now lots of potential dance partners to satisfy all your dancing need. So now you can have a great afternoon of dancing, even if you are single.

So come join the party at the Gully and have an enjoyable afternoon with great bands and fantastic dancing. And if you want more, there’s more live music at nearby Micawber Tavern or Mitcham RSL to make your Sunday entertainment truly complete.

Last edited by Jitterbug; 09-07-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Re: Rockin' Gully - Let the Good Times Roll

Why did you have to post this, Jitts? It's been a few months since we ventured down to the Church and you brought back the urge. We'll have to catch up at FTG soon.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Hey Cirrus - Big charity gig at the Gully on 5th August with multi bands. Should be a huge rockin' day ......

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Smile Re: Rockin' Gully - Let the Good Times Roll

Glad you mentioned this charity day for kids with cancer Jitz. It's going to be BIG!
    Lets rock it out for a worthwhile cause.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Looks like the FTG church is the place to be on 5 August. I'll try to get some Rockabilly aficionados from up here to come along. A good day for a good cause.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hi Cirrus ... looks like I spoke too soon coz the FTG hotel management decided to postpone this charity gig. Not to worry though, Itchy Fingers are set to explode at the Church of rock on the 5th August. So bring the troops down for a big one Cirrus. Cheers mate.
    Jazza.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.