01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Lt. Maria's 12th Anniversary Dance with Honey B & the Stingers

Lt. Maria staged her twelfth year of Rock ‘n’ Roll social dancing at Burwood’s Whitehorse Club last Friday night. Her dance is now almost an institution on the Melbourne dance calendar. It’s also legendary in more ways than one with all the special theme nights as well as her amazing range of costumes that continue to surprise and dazzle even those long time patrons. I personally like to thank Lt Maria as I started my social dancing there, and I could still recall that night consumed with anxiety but was thankful for the encouragement given by the more experienced dancers.

To help celebrate the “masquerade” theme night, Honey B & the Stingers put on a superb performance with variety & a range of rock ‘n’ roll music that got rockers dancing all night long. I have always enjoyed Lyndal’s cherry & bubbly personality on stage. With an additional sax player and a more diverse range of vocals, this has now taken the band’s performance to an even higher level in my opinion. Well done to Honey B & the Stingers for a great night of 1950’s style Rock ‘n’ Roll music.

In addition to free snacks & lollies on the night, Lt Maria also treated dancers to a delicious special anniversary cake. I believe Lt Maria was a little unwell recently but you wouldn’t know it with all the extra work she puts into her dances to ensure all went smoothly and the dancers having a great time. As usual, DJ Anthony entertained the crowd during the band breaks and provided music for line up dancing. It was another very enjoyable night of entertainment.

Cool Re: Lt. Maria's 12th Anniversary Dance with Honey B & the Stingers

You're so right Dear Paul we have had lots of awesome Theme nights Floorshows that were soo much FUN loved the Beach Nights Comps all you boys were wonderful.
    I still shake my head that I'm still there as I'm not a Teacher to hav my students to follow me, All the Little Gems hav been very Loyal always bringing the Rainbow In with them , It's been a MAGICAL time I've injoyed every minute cannot thank you all enough, once again many many thanks for all ''YOU'' do for us.....Keep Rockin .xoxoxoxo