Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CoolCats Dance

CoolCats Dance

Last night I ventured over to CoolCats dance in Shepparton, I had been looking forward to testing out a new dress I had just finished making and enjoying a sensational night out.. I arrived right on 8 just as the band 'The Cruisers' were kicking off what would be the start of a fantastic night of Rockin. I met up with my friends Cirrus and his lovely wife at the door, we had been counting down the days till this dance and it did not disappoint!

I have been advised that there were over 200 Rockers there from as far south as Geelong way to rockers from places such as Horsham and Albury- well worth the drive

The floor was great, not too grippy not to slippery and I was spoilt for choice with some fabulous dancers, big thank you to Rob and Shane for throwing me round the floor more than a few times (love it) and a special mention to Cirrus

I loved the music, they played so many classic songs and performed them perfectly, they did quite a few song mashes which I thought were fantastic! When I wasn't out on the floor I was bopping away at the table
    I only have one teeny tiny critic regarding the music and that was that in the last bracket they played a couple of religious songs which I personally felt was unnecessary and a little off putting- I have nothing against an individual's right to their views I just think it was the wrong setting, that's what church is for.. lets keep dances for rockin!

But back to the positives!

Great club, great band, great dancers, great venue and a lovely supper too!

Another awesome night with CoolCats, thank you guys for putting on such a night!!

Re: CoolCats Dance

Yes Rockin Sweetheart it sure was a great night. I love the energy that a big crowd generates and there was a lot of energy in the Shepp High School gym on Saturday night.

'The Cruisers' are a fabulous band and played superbly. Thanks Band Your music and the partner dance music between sets meant that there wasn't a moment when the floor wasn't crowded. Shepp HS has a special place in my life as it was the first Rock and Roll dance I had attended since the fifties for which I must thank Norni and Mick for taking us. I still remember standin at the door into the foyer , looking at the dancers and the wonderful dresses the women were wearing, the brilliant colours and the music, thinking, SHEEEEEET this is a time warp. I was quite astonished and moved. I felt much the same last Saturday night. Age, especially old age has a lot to offer.

And while on the subject of old age, dancing with Rockin Sweetheart was a hellova buzz. What a dynamo she is. I can't wait till we meet again and this time I'll wear her out.

A magnificent supper was pretty well totally consumed which is great. The crowd got in, did their bast and kept any leftovers to a minimum. BEWDY!

And special thanks to the people responsible for organising the night whether on the committee or not. What a great club Shepparton Cool Cats is.

While I'm going on about Shepp Cool Cats people, a couple of our members who most of the old timers will know - Kaye Rossillini and Dave Tate - have recently been made Life Members of the club for their contributions to the club. Congratulations from all of us. They'll both hate me for telling the world, but...
    Last edited by cirrus; 25-06-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: grammamatical error :)
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Wear me out?? ME? haha love it!! Oh Cirrus that is awfully ambitious of you!
    I don't believe anyone has ever succeeded in wearing me out as yet!! I look forward to the challenge

Good write up, Rockin Sweetheart - sounds like a great night of music and dancing in Shepparton. Keep hearing so much about these country rock 'n' roll dances so I must make an effort to go one day soon.

Cirrus - perhaps if you and I can work in tandem that might just do the job wearing out that fabulous rock 'n' roll dancer we keep hearing so much about .....LOL

We and ten others would be struggling to wear Rockin Sweetheart out, Jitts. She's a dynamo!!
    Last edited by cirrus; 25-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Nice post R Sweetheart
    Hey Cirrus I figure you're not going at it hard enough, the only way to catch a nice chick like Rockin' Sweetheart is to dance & dance her, soften her up a little, after the dance she may just let you catch her Ha Ha, stamina mate! it could be the beginning of the end.
    Now remember she's put you up to the challenge, so there is definitely an interest there, invite her to Micks next dance, I might go myself and watch how things progress.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

It wouldn't be the beginning of the end gjo, it would be the end.
    Last edited by cirrus; 27-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Hahaha you guys are making me laugh!

Jitt there are a few upcoming country dances if you wanted to venture out of the big smoke

Hey Rockin Sweetheart - hope to catch up for a dance one day at a country gig or if you are visiting the "big smoke" some time in the future. I have promised Cirrus I 'll attend his gigs one day very soon - maybe even the next one ...... keep rockin'!!!

Love to see you on 22 September, Jitts. 'The Vincents" will be playing at the Shepp High School. I'll remind you - and everyone else - Closer to the date. Book early as the tickets sell out fast.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL!! Order now and we'll forward you a free set of real plastic, white steak knives for only $39.99 deposit per knife. P&H excluded.

Ok guys & gal here is some country dances coming up 6th7th & 8th July "Who was that Cat" Albury Commercial Club All free 9pm- 1am Frid & Sat 4pm-8pm Sun.
    "Fenderbenders", "Itchy fingers" & "Jump&Jive" ClubMulwala July 26th-29th R&R Festival
    Deniliquin RSL 13th July "Who was that cat"
    "Rockin' Daddies" 14th July Twin cities Rockers $18 pre paid venue Commercial club auditorium.
    "Johnny Stingray & the Wanderers" Albury commercial Club all free 9pm-1am Aug Fri 3rd Sat 4th Sun 5th 4pm-8pm .
    "Rebel Rousers" (Newcastle) Albury Commercial Club All free 9pm-1am Aug Fri 16th, Sat 17th & Sun 18th 4pm-8pm.
    "John Lawrence Band" Albury Commercial Club All Free 9pm-1am Sept 28th 29th.
    "Itchy"
    "Fenders"
    "Ignition"
    Same drill free and 3 gig weekend, later this year
    Last edited by gjo267; 28-06-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Yair, so there y'all go. There is life past the 20 mile radius of Melbourne. And, by golly, we have fun.

See y'all soon.

And, of course, there's S’cool House Rock & Swing at Moama. I'm sure that they will be advertising soon, if not already.

Life in the country is such a bore. Don't even think about it. I love being where these dancers are. They are such fun.

And also...

Shepparton Rockers- 7th July

Bendigo Jailhouse Rockers 11th Aug (my fav band- The Atomic Hi Tones!!)

Ballarat Rockers- 8th September- best group of rockers ever!!

I need new shoes for all this rockin I'll be doing!
    Bring it on!!

And don't forget Barham Rock 'n' Roll Festival from 24 - 26 August with Itchy Fingers, the Cruisers and Adelaide's Jump 'n' Jive .......

Didn't realise country Vic (and NSW) rockin' & jumpin' almost as much as the big smoke! Any idea about country dances out west like Hamilton, Colac, Warrnambool etc apart from the BIG one coming up in Camperdown in October with 2 International bands on board, including possibly the Go Getters?

So now we've come to a conclusion after some research, there's plenty of country gigs, so which one of you dancing dynamo blokes is going to ask rockin' sweetheart out for some exercise, I know she is waiting with baited breath to say oh,OK !

Hehe I think I'm pretty safe, I have youth on my side

My money will be on RockinS.

I think there's a dance at Horsham, but I can't find the details. Wimmera Rockers comes to mind. Maybe it has been and gone.

Cirrus is right - not putting money on "rockin' sweetheart" is like not backing Black Caviar in her last 22 runs on the racetrack .....but I 'm attracted to thinking like that great positive thinking guru (Norman Vincent Peale) that we should ....." live your life & forget your age". So if I ever meet up with that rockin' dynamo one day at a country gig somewhere, I shall want to be that person who believes that ...."defeat never comes to any man until he admits it". Hopefully cirrus, gjo267 and countless other bravehearts out there shall follow my footstep (however foolishly) to give her a run for her money ....

Seriously, there was some talk back about constructing a guide guide of all the country dances. This will be good if it can be done or least get listed somewhere in the Gig Guide.

The country guide would be good.