Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: smoking

Re:smoking

HOOOOLD the Bus Vertogo since when has it been a crime to smoke and who the hell are calling weak? I smoke because i enjoy it and I happen to pay for that pleasure I do not smoke where it is not allowed or appropriate, I think that you aught to think about what you write a little longer than 2 seconds in future
    geezus!!!

Quote "Not to mention the lack of wheelchair access for your crowd mate "

Careful there young Shaun. there are good bands & there are good bands,& yours is no boubt one of them, but watch out - Flashback could play most of you off in a 'break' (If you know what the expression means) no matter what the style of RnR music you call.

vertigo wrote:
    Boom Boom, please, I do not wish to offend one, smoking is entirely a matter for ones self. The home should be a place of tranquillity, where the mind can be as one with the body, this creates a feeling of well being. Lifestyles do need to be changed in this world,I have been a long time campaigner for non smoking, some 15 years now. I think I may change my name to Fresh Air.
    A few things I'd like to point out here.. 1-(Quote)a matter for ones self.. You got that right !
    2 (Q) Home a place of tranquility.. yer right, got kids have you ?
    3 (Q) mind can be as one with the body... err dunno my mind is normally on someone else's body.
    4 Where and when have you actually had fresh air? I hear the EPA air quality report on radio daily and boy have i got some bad news for you.
    No offence intended but my world be it what it is, happens to be slightly different to yours

Hey Boomboom,

I see two problems with your careless attitude to the tragedy of smoking related illness.
    1. You are still too young to think it could happen to you.
    2. And more importantly, you ARE a drummer.
    :laugh:

Lyndon I see 1 problem with your thoughts, being that you are able to have any at all, also you have been playing guitar so long that your hair is leaving you and your mind aint that far behind !!!

Don't worry too much Boomer, old timer's disease will get us all in the end, so I would hurry to guitar lessons if I were you just in case you miss out on being a muso in this lifetime. :laugh:

LOOK!... The new laws are coming in next year. If smoking offends you that much then avoid those places until its comfortable for you to go back in...

But you what? I'm sure that someone will still find something to whine about.,, Maybe the ice in the drinks isnt cold enough!

Between now and then, anyone who wants to walk into a pub and preach about the evils of smoking is free to do so... I hope you have an ambulance subscription cos you'll look funny walking with a billiard cue... never mind!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Stavros wrote:
    Quote "Not to mention the lack of wheelchair access for your crowd mate "

Careful there young Shaun. there are good bands & there are good bands,& yours is no boubt one of them, but watch out - Flashback could play most of you off in a 'break' (If you know what the expression means) no matter what the style of RnR music you call.
    Do I have to actually start answering posts in a serious and well considered manner ... :laugh:

Bwahh ... I hope for the longetivity in music that some of our musos have experienced, its great these guys are still going.... certainly the older I get the better I was :lol:

You wish Stavros!!

Monash - Utopia/Figjam

Ok.. now this is a little puzzling, or do they just think we are plain stupid?
    Please read the following quotes:

UTOPIA - Monash was a great success - 2006/04/29 12:09
    Thankyou all for the support with the opening of The MONASH.
    It was fabulous to see those happy smiling faces, then again why wouldn't you with the Talent that was on stage Atomic's, Prairie Oysters and a big thanx to the extra musos who made this grand opening a night to remember. As from next week the MONASH will be on every SAT Night , Straight 8's are the band to kick start this months line up they will be rockin your socks off along with the Dancewiz Ray, lessons start at 7pm till 8pm
    Dancewiz - Re:Monash was a great success - 2006/04/29 15:27
    .....a big pat on the back must go to Sharlene, Maryann, Cliff and Chrissie for all the hard work that has gone into organising what has got to be the next premier Rock'n' Roll Venue on the Melbourne Rock'n'Roll scene!!!!!
    Hmmm now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it a known fact that Utopia = Chrissie and FIGJAM = Maryann??? ...If this is true then as we can see Utopia and FIGJAM are both Organisers of the Monash right?
    Ok.. well then have a read of these posts and see if you can make sense of them?...

FIGJAM - Re:smoking - 2006/05/01 23:14
    I didn't notice smoke in the room. There may have been smokers but there were none near me nor any smoke drifting my way.

I did think it got very warm with so many bodies in the room.

I had such a great night.

The venue has heaps going for it.

Huge meals, loads of atmosphere, centrally located.

Every one who had a meal all commented on what a good feed it was.

Until Danny asked was the place full of smokers, I hadn't heard any feed back or mention of smoke except for the 25 year young lady who went outside for a smoke, then had to leave because security wouldn't let her back inside because she had no ID.

I give the place a thumbs up and look forward to another Roast of the Day.
    Bruce - Re:smoking - 2006/05/02 09:14
    ....As for Figjam's comments, she is obviously trying to talk up the venue. Even Utopia, who appears to be one of the organisers, admitted there was a smoke problem in her post earlier.
    UTOPIA - Re:smoking - 2006/05/02 09:35
    Bruce,
    Thanx for the complement, but you have got it wrong. I am no organizer of this venue. Just a happy R/ Roller who thanked Danny for bring the smoking problem to light. The credit goes to The Monash for creating another place for us in this scene to go to and enjoy. Smoking is a problem whereever you go not just at The Monash. Figjam is trying to help find a solution to keep everyone happy , what is wrong with that.
    Now it appears to me Chrissie aka Utopia and Maryann aka FIGJAM seem to think we are all Stupid! What game are you playing Girls? Why is it so hard to admit that you are Promoting a Venue that you are Organisers of? Pretending that you are just Rock n Roller's just talking up the place or looking for a solution for problems that arise! Geeez we are not that stupid, enough with the childish games already!

Figjam of course you give it a Thumbs up!!

Utopia of course you are thanking people for their input about problems arising in the venue and telling people that there is always a solution!!

You Girls are Organisers!! It's in your best interest -

However, it is not in your Best interest to Play silly games Incognito, making us out to be a bunch of Fools! You NEED the Patronage, and this is not a good way of getting it!

So why not have a go and being Up front and Honest!????

Re:Monash - Utopia/Figjam

BTL: You have too much time on your hands. :P
    You can't handle the truth!

Cat... There comes a time when you just Make time, when something bugs me enough.. I do just that! :P

Now as far as Utopia and Figjam are concerned, so what if theyre talking the place up? People smoke at the Ferntree Gully but I dont see anyone else whinge painfully about that venue.

Theyre pubs... people smoke there.. ****.. they even drink there... OMG people even gamble there and now they have bands there playing devils music....

REPENT... SAVE YOUR SOULS BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.... hmy:

I cant wait for 2007... I cant wait to see what some people will have to whine about then

OzRebel

Err Im a smoker that puts me in a minority Right? yes?
    Good........ GROW UP YOU LOT we're all here to talk it up that includes me maryanne jezus freekin christ and homer simpson and anyone else that partakes on this FREEEEE site.....
    Fairdinkum guys lifes way to short anyone got a light?? hahahahahhahahaaa....OUT

Well, Ozrebel & Boom Boom - Think you guys kind of missed the whole Point of the exercise!!! Let me spell it out for you now:

Utopia & FIGJAM aka Chrissie & Maryann.. have every right to talk up the joint, however that is not my point!! My point is they must think we are stupid, as they play this little game of "No I am not an Organiser". If you want to promote a Venue go ahead and do so, but do not insult our intelligence with childish antics, such as incognito raves about the venue and then deny they are organisers when someone point's it out!

Funny how they also jump on most topics.. but this one they are steering clear of, guess the truth cannot be denied! :P

Born to late
    What is your point, is it to damage the venue or the people that organise this venue. Maybe you feel a need to out people, you want everyone else to be honest and up front yet you have not been open to reveal who you are.

By the way my name is Ray Ashby

Dancewiz.. I have made my point very clear!! I am not hear to just out people - but to expose the Con artists!!

I am actually saying what quite a few forum members think!! But due to the hostile behaviour seen on this forum in the past when people speak out and say what they think, it is better to remain nameless!!

In fact these particular people are very quick to jump down other forum members throats for having opinions that differ from their own, yet in this instance they keep quiet?.. why... because what I have stated is TRUE and cannot be denied!

Instead they have decided to sit back and pretend they are the helpless victims of a cruel unprovoked attack. Well I am tired of keeping quiet.. and am entitled to my opinion.. so challenge me all you like Ray Ashby!

I guess you felt you needed to come to the defence of these Forum members due to the fact that you also have a vested interest in this venue - it's where you host your dance classes right?

Well get it right Ray - Dancewiz I am not attacking the Venue, I am pointing out the childish antics of these two grown women. If they do not like it - they can modify their Behaviour.. or Badluck.. deal with it!

i said was the place full of smokers,not was it full of smoke.get it right if your going to quote me.and by the way for all you people on this sight who do not know who i am.my name is danny boyd and im the lead singer in the BAND flashback and very proud of the fact......ps.i am also a smoker.

I am reminded of a piece of dialogue from the Barry McKenzie cartoons of our youth.

The psychiatrist asks if Bazza has a healthy sex life and Bazza replies that his sex life must be healthy because it never catches anything.