The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: smoking

Re:Monash - Utopia/Figjam

BTL: What the hell does it matter WHO the organisers are??
    Jeez, find something IMPORTANT to b*tch about.
    You can't handle the truth!

Dancewiz wrote:
    By the way my name is Ray Ashby
    Mate, I love your nick on here, although you know what I reckon you should have called yourself. :P
    See you soon. x

The thing that gets me is this... When we're out and about, at a gig or where ever we all stop and say hello how are you hows the band, hows the cows so to speak but here we carry on like dills.
    Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about smoke or organisers if we all look out for one another we will do OK but the way we are going at this, we will self destruct, support each other!. Sorry guys this one comes from the heart, lets just help each other out instead of knit picking.... Me

Born To Late you really are to late get over whatever you feel is wrong, I do not care what name people use on this site, I'm just greatful that these people great these gigs up and running.
    From my own experience there is hell of alot of work involved in the setting up of these venues.
    I also appreciate the muso's who perform and play, it dosen't matter what style.
    I used to be a regular at Box Hill RSL, when dances were few and far between and this was only a decade ago.

BornTooLate wrote:
    Utopia & FIGJAM aka Chrissie & Maryann.. have every right to talk up the joint, however that is not my point!! My point is they must think we are stupid, as they play this little game of "No I am not an Organiser". If you want to promote a Venue go ahead and do so, but do not insult our intelligence with childish antics, such as incognito raves about the venue and then deny they are organisers when someone point's it out!

Funny how they also jump on most topics.. but this one they are steering clear of, guess the truth cannot be denied! :P
    BornTooLate.... I think youre way out of line by accusing Chrissie and Maryann of being con artitsts and implying they're liars.

So they dont consider themselves to be organisers... Sue them!

There were people smoking near the bar the pool tables up the back and in the cublicle seating. Some people were affected by it but even those people who were affected havent gone on about it like you have to the point of assassinating Chrissie and Maryanns character.

Mate.. just get off their backs OK? I'm sure the Monash will be a much happier place without the likes of you and your endless whining. I have read the posts from people who were affected by smoking and they all were honest and constructive in their comments. Maybe you should take a leaf out of their book.

BornTooLate wrote:
    ..... do not insult our intelligence with childish antics, such as incognito raves about the venue and then deny they are organisers when someone point's it out!
    Incognito?... Thats the pot calling the kettle black isnt it "visitor?".

BornTooLate wrote:
    Funny how they also jump on most topics.. but this one they are steering clear of, guess the truth cannot be denied! :P
    Thats cos you're talking s**t

:P

I agree with BoomBoom and OzRebel.

BTL: GET OVER IT! You're carrying on like a jealous 13 year-old. Your point isn't of significant importance, all you're doing is slandering people who do a lot for the R'n'R community. I challenge you to get out there and do as much for the R'n'R community or shut the hell up! Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but to go on and on and on about it is, in my opinion, childish. I don't know what you're trying to prove, but you're making yourself VERY unpopular here.

just reading all what people have to say is great, and you all still keep coming back for more, I live in the U.K. and love reading this site. If you were all in the U.K. you would know how little rock and roll is played here. we just dont have the venues like you all seem to have in Oz. I am telling all my friends about this site, so expect some more comments, from people that dont know jack Sh**t. We still have smoking in our restaurants here in U.K. you dont know how lucky you all are over there in Oz.

I was at the Monash for the first time last saturday, and yes there was smoke, but hey, just do what we all love doing and make some smoke on that dance floor, just dance dance dance. :

I was at the Monash for the first time last saturday, and yes there was smoke, but hey, just do what we all love doing and make some smoke on that dance floor, just dance dance dance. :