01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Broadford goes Rockabilly

Last Saturday night we joined the crowd of some 120 rockers at the Broadford Shire Council hall to hear "Itchy Fingers" do their stuff and they did it well. Fast, loud and my favourite bits are the harp playing in the bluesy numbers.

The crowd was from everywhere with a very large contigent from Alley Kats. There were also dancers from Bendigo, Ballarrat, Shepparton and Melbourne. My apologies to those I missed.

I did notice that there was a bit more space on the floor as the night wore on and dancers wore out, but we love fast music and it's something we share, although my recent bout with pneumonia meant that dancing was limited to as long as my breath lasted, which wasn't very long.

An excellent supper finished the night for us as I was becoming very weary and as we walked out the door there was a Dodge Phoenix which brought back memories of my youth. A mates father won Tattersalls Eldorado and was handed a cheque for sixty four thousand pounds. A lot of money in the 60's and he bought one of these monsters. We occaisionly 'borrowed' it to impress girls, but it never worked. Cars like this will never be made again and it would be nice to own one, but the fuel bill must be enormous. In the 60's petrol was probably 2/4d a GALLON. But I digress as usual...

A great night a Broadford and thanks to Seymour Rock and Roll club.
    Last edited by cirrus; 28-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

Re: Broadford goes Rockabilly

Thanks for the great write up Cirrus,

it was a great night, Country people all supporting each others dances but also awesome too see people from Melbourne driving up to Broadford, most of them also seeing us the night before too.
    thanks to all who came out top night
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying