There's the saying - "East is East, West is West and never shall the twain meet ....." I suppose the Joe Galea band goes somewhere towards dismantling it as far as dancing is concerned. I have seen the band many times and still love the vibrant "rockin' Blues" sound of the Joe Galea Band. And I am not the only one - many rock & roll dancers and equally as many swing dancers, especially from the Bayside and the Peninsula, love dancing to the band.

Bit of background info - Joe Galea grew up in Sydney’s notorious King’s Cross where he was influenced at an early age by American Merchant Seamen on R & R leave, playing their blues and soul records. In his teen years Joe sang with his band The Midnighters” alongside other Sydney's up and coming stars of the future such as “The Bee Gees”, Billy Thorpe, and New Zealand’s “Max Merritt”, working places like Suzie Wong’s, Whisky a Go Go, Surf City and Teenage Cabaret. Joe, his brother and a couple of friends used the family garage for practice where every note they played and every word Joe sang, was being watched and taken in by several young boys from the local migrant centre at Villawood - who would have thought that in years to come they would become one of Australia’s leading bands known as “The Easybeats”.

During the Vietnam war years, Joe toured there alongside such artists as - Sammy Davis Jnr., Laverne Baker, Duane Eddy and many others. They also crossed paths with many of Australia’s top acts that were also entertaining at the time. Joe toured throughout Vietnam for the final 2 years of the Vietnam War,and they were actually the last band to leave Vietnam before the final takeover that ended the Vietnam War. Joe later had a short tour of Germany playing to packed houses 7 nights a week.

The Joe Galea band plays in many blues and Jazz festivals in Australia. Check the band out sometime if you haven't yet danced to this band. And if you love the sound of the sax, you 'll love the sound of the Joe Galea Band.