With not much going on in our neck of the woods, we decided to take a 3hour drive, to the 2012 Rich River Rod Run last Saturday17th & Sunday18th, the ulterior motive being "Hanks jalopy Demons", "Scotty Baker", and "Kieran McDonald Combo", three red hot Rockabilly bands.

Its often a Hot rod run has a dance, but generally it’s a private affair and unless you’ve got that car, you don’t get a look in. So just on the off chance, I decided to ring the organiser, he sounded like a really nice guy, the long and the short of the conversation was, yep the music was a public affair.

Well, after many diversions & detours, flood water everywhere and putting about 1hr on our travel time, we arrived, Wow the cars, nice shiny cars loads of chrome with bulk horse power under the bonnet, or no bonnet at all, never seen so many in one place, hundreds & hundreds of them, some cruising the main drag of Moama, others parked around the town and at the main venue The Rich River Golf Club the car park was brimming full with beefed up & muscle vehicles of all description.

Scotty eased us into the music around 9.30pm with some reasonably fast of what I call hillbilly, putting some action onto the dance floor, a large crowd of punters moved into the already crowded room, the majority of whom were sight seers, a welcome sight as the dance floor was not that big, 3/4 hour or so of Scotty and Kieran took over with a little change of pace, slightly more subtle but still out of this world fantastic rockabilly, and the dance floor filled at some stages not quite enough room and giving the inference your chick may be knocked about by some of those learner dancers or worse somebody trying to dance with out much idea of how to go about it, the alcohol was fuelling their foot work.

The Club was humming when Hank took over, rockabilly was on the menu and the floor was red hot the punters jostled for a position to watch the dancers, I reckon that function room was over filled with Hot rodders and Hot Rockers, and they all seemed to enjoy the evening music serenade, the music was like the cars (a subtle A model ford with a Blown 454), full blast what a hoot rockabilly, we were hoping the music wouldn’t end but all good things eventually end, and at some wee hr of Sunday morning we filed out the doors of Rich River club still talking about the music, to be drowned out by the deep throated noise of those big V8 engines, as the Hot rods rolled out of the car park.

Thanks to the Rich River Hot rodders for allowing us to dance at their function we had a lovely time.

Thanks to Hank, Dave, Snappy, Andrew, Scotty & Kieran, what a blast, great music guys we loved it.

Ps We purchased a couple of T-shirts from Hanks and wow do these shirts make my chicks tits look big Ha Ha.