01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Lorenza's Birthday "circle" Dance - Sandhurst Golf Club

Birthdays are such happy occasions, and Lorenza's special "milestone" birthday party on the weekend at the very expensive looking Sandhurst Golf Club is no exception. Joined by a big party of family & friends, including many from the rock & roll and swing communities it was one big night of celebration with yummy finger food, "free" drinks from the bar, music from Itchy Fingers and non-stop rock & roll dancing culminating with the signature birthday "circle" rock & roll dance for the birthday girl (see video).

The birthday "rock & roll" parties I have attended in the last few years have been most enjoyable. There's always something special when a live band is performing and Itchy Fingers absolutely rocked the joint with a great performance on Saturday night. And the dancers love it! And just about everyone loves the birthday "circle" dance which was fun, enjoyable and giving many dancers a chance to dance with the birthday girl. It really should be made an institution and a must in all rock & roll birthday parties.

Thanks Lorenza for a great night of birthday celebration ..........

Last edited by Jitterbug; 19-12-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Re: Lorenza's Birthday "circle" Dance - Sandhurst Golf Club

Lorenza is one of the local identities in the rock and roll community and it was a great night to celebrate her 60th. Nice to see the dance circle back in vogue. Used to be a regular thing for birthdays and always fun. Happy Birthday again Lorenza........
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

Nice post, Jitts. I've not seen the birthday circle before and it looks like a lot of fun although it could be a bit exhausting. I'd also like to see more of it as long as it's not my birthday.

Was it really Lorenza's 'sixtieth' birthday????
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Happy birthday Lorenza!!!

Re the birthday dance, they are great fun and great way for everyone to have a dance with the birthday person, and also to wear them out . We got Little Maria to try one a year or so ago but no -one understood what was happening so it fizzled, but I've seen it work well at birthday parties, so now that you can see it from the clip, lets have another go at it at some of the dances when there is a birthday to celebrate.

i had one at my last milestone party at the gully and it was great i would love to do it again

Thank you Jitts, the videos are great, memories of an awesome celebration. A big thank you to my daughter Cara for organizing the fabulous night and my son Brett for entertaining everyone with his very funny speech on growing up with his mum who refuses to grow up
    It's a difficult time of year to hold a birthday party with so many Xmas celebrations happening, I thank my beautiful family and all my special friends who came and enjoyed the evening with us.

And yeah Cirrus it was my 'sixtieth' everyone tells me its just a number so I'll try & believe it.

Lorenza

Way to go, Lorenza. I hope to see you at the gully one day.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité