0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re:Selfish Wanker Dancers

I agree - small dance floor or crowded dance floor both require some necessity to dance closer and tighter in terms of frame and footwork. Certain moves are a bit more extravagant in terms of hand connections and movements but an experienced dancer generally should handle that quite well even in a crowded dance floor without causing too much grieve to fellow dancers. But with an inexperienced dancer - well, that might be a different story.

One thing I do particularly like all of us to consider when faced with a small or very crowded dance floor is not to hog the dance floor all night long but to give others a chance to dance as well. Bit of rotation on the dance floor would go a long way towards making it a fun night for everyone

Lisanne - have a dance with me too? Unlike Robe, I am not too experienced a dancer, so would benefit from dancing with an exprienced dancer like yourself? Hey Robe - you don't need more practice. I do.

maxrob200 wrote:
    It really does not matter how a person dances ( free style or "routine&quot, we all develop a style that suits us over time and as confidence grows so does the repertoire of moves/variations and the ability to string together moves according to the music being played. What IS important is common dance courtesy and etiquette, being aware of other dancers on the floor and watching how you lead your partner on crowded floors.
    I agree with you and couldn't have said it better if I tried. :lol:
    You can't handle the truth!

Count me in for more dance practice as well.....one cannot have too much dancing. Rotation of dancers on a crowded floor is an excellent idea and I have seen it happen at quite a number of dances in the past.

Looks like abit of competition amongst the boys looking for a dance with you, Lisanne........

Just wondering if I 'll get a more sympathetic hearing to be ahead of the competition if I say it's my birhday coming up this Easter weekend. Do I get a birthday dance with you ....... please?

B) B) B)

'Bug
    Looks like it's a birthday dance-rueda for you m'boy
    I think there should be an announcement made at LM and stick you in the centre of the birthday circle just to make your day!

Hey Bug, "We'll Save You"

Come along to the Hopper's Crossing Good Friday Appeal Dance and we won't tell anybody that it is your birthday. :laugh:

Zeek its Bree from Rooty Hill! I wasn’t going to come down to the Good Friday bash because it sounds like the place is full of Wankers, but now that we are going to meet – I think I will make the journey to Melbourne for the weekend!

I am a beginner and could never be called a selfish wanker dancer I have so few moves (on the dance floor that is .

Would you believe it is my Birthday too – what a coincidence! You and I have so much in common Zeek. I would be interested in dancing with the other Birthday boy – Zitterbug – hey Zit.. will you dance with me too please ?

Well – must go,– I may just cruise on down to Cronella and see what’s going on there.

See ya at the Weekend!

RobE, you are right a GOOD dancer will only use a small space to dance in ie 9 tiles.
    all I'm saying is that on a small dance floor dancers should be aware of the limited space available.
    To all the invitations to dance well sorry boys but I gave up doing female when I stopped teaching social RnRoll, Swing, Lindyhop and all the other names you would like to call dance.
    As for seeing the pleasure in getting with technical Rock'n'Roll at the VRRDA Well what can I say.

Ahh Bree honey I'll Be in Rooty Hill Thusday till Monday well Rouse hill anyway I'll bring a photo of our beloved zeek with me and then you can realy appreciate how much of a wanker he realy is lolllllllll, Ps If Coke bottle bottoms for glasses do it for you? He's your Man ...

Hey Boom Boom – what a helpful man you are, I just can’t wait to see a pic of my beloved. Coke bottle glasses – man it gets better and better, we are SO much alike! Is he a true wanker? – he can’t be – he’s a Sydneysider fron Cronella and we know that all the wankers are from Melbourne :laugh:

Rouse Hill is a great place – where are you playing? I can bring a few friends and we will make ourselves known to you  Not Friday though, coz I have a date with "the man" he has a gun in his pocket and everything!

So, what have we discovered? hmy:

Non-dancers have no special gripes with those who do dance and Saxmaniac’s “selfish wanker” comment was just a reaction after misreading the warning about tiny kids on the dance floor.

Or, non-dancers do not get involved with the Forum.

Dancers would like other dancers to dance more neatly when the floor gets busy.

Bree and Zeek are looking for love but are sight impaired. :lol:

Lisanne is of indeterminate gender and was a woman when he/she was a dance teacher.

Masturbation continues to be a popular subject. :P
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Where but only in their minds have they nominated that the name lisanne is female.
    Dance teachers who take their art seriously would know both the male and female steps so that they can teach both genders.

just for the record Lisanne is a Pty Ltd :laugh:

Hi Bree good news he's a true wanker as a matter of fact it's in his blood line it dates back centuarys, hence the supreme Wanker.
    Oh and by the way your slighty miss led thinking that all wankers are from Melbourne, infact I have documentation that states that all wankers come from Penrith (Penrif to all you learned types)
    I challenge you to disagree with me I HAVE PROOF !!! :laugh:
    Ps: I'll be at the Mean fiddler on Sat nite.

ha ha ha ..... Lisanne Pty Ltd - you are so very clever and funny. Your talent just might be undervalued here. Why not try the International Comedy Festival on at the moment?