0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Volunteer dancers wanted for nursing home dance in Sandringham

Volunteer dancers wanted for a rock n roll party at the Blue Cross Karinya Grove Nursing home, 3 Aberdeen Rd Sandringham, on Thurs 7th Sept from 1 - 2.30pm.

The home is putting on a rock n roll event for the residents and are hoping to find 2 or 3 couples who could come along and dance from 1-1.30pm in the cafe, and 2 - 2.30pm in the auditorium which has a 3m x 3m dance floor. They will have a jukebox playing music for the occasion. You will be provided with afternoon tea.

If you have the time and would like to volunteer please send me a private message or reply to this post. Thanks.

Volunteering gives you a good feeling when you see the enjoyment and appreciation on the faces of the residents.

Re: Volunteer dancers wanted for nursing home dance in Sandringham

Quote Originally Posted by joceb View Post
    Volunteer dancers wanted for a rock n roll party at the Blue Cross Karinya Grove Nursing home, 3 Aberdeen Rd Sandringham, on Thurs 7th Sept from 1 - 2.30pm.

The home is putting on a rock n roll event for the residents and are hoping to find 2 or 3 couples who could come along and dance from 1-1.30pm in the cafe, and 2 - 2.30pm in the auditorium which has a 3m x 3m dance floor. They will have a jukebox playing music for the occasion. You will be provided with afternoon tea.

If you have the time and would like to volunteer please send me a private message or reply to this post. Thanks.

Volunteering gives you a good feeling when you see the enjoyment and appreciation on the faces of the residents.
    [QUOTE=joceb;34857] Yep, I would love to give it a go - hubby probably at work but if so, will I be allocated a partner? Otherwise I could coerce him into it! cheers Naomi

[QUOTE=Naomi;34872]
    Quote Originally Posted by joceb View Post
    Yep, I would love to give it a go - hubby probably at work but if so, will I be allocated a partner? Otherwise I could coerce him into it! cheers Naomi
    Great thanks for volunteering. At this stage I don't have any other volunteers so if you could talk your husband into it or find someone else to join you that would be great.

Send me an email to: jocbloy@gmail.com so I can forward you the contact details.

It's a rewarding experience and gives you a warm feeling to brighten up the lives of the residents for a few hours. They also love having dancers join them for a cuppa and chat afterwards. You never know what fascinating stories you will uncover.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Jocelyn

Hi there, I have checked with hubby so will get back to you asap. cheers Naomi

Sadly Pete cannot commit to volunteering but if you still need me, count me in and I will organise my shifts at work! cheers Naomi