01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Melbourne's Own Rockabilly Gals at Fast Eddies

Very exciting times of late in Melbourne's 1950's rock 'n' roll and rockabilly scene with the advent of a number of bands with lead female vocals. Many of us who have frequented our vibrant 1950's live music scene in Melbourne would be familiar with bands such as Honey B & the Stingers and the Flyin' Saucers which have been around for a few years.

Of late, Robyn & the Rancheros have been rockin' the Melbourne dance scene and acquiring a strong following in the various venues the band plays. And last night, Fast Eddies bar which is hosted by DJ Ashley & his lovely wife, Leanne, staged a night of rock 'n' roll and rockabilly with 3 bands featuring lead female vocals - Robyn & the Rancheros, Cherry Divine and Rosie & the Mighty Kings.

I have danced to Robyn & the Rancheros a number of times but have never seen the other two bands perform live. I was late arriving at Fast Eddies last night so unfortunately missed Robyn & the Rancheros. But glad that I got to see the other 2 bands for the first time. And you did hear from me right - these 2 bands are rockin'!!! If you haven't seen these bands before, then I would certainly recommend that you check them out one day soon. You 'll love dancing to their tunes or if you are not a dancer, you 'll still enjoy listening to their music tunes.

It was a very good night of rock 'n' roll and rockabilly at Fast Eddies. The beer is cold, the dance floor is huge and smooth and the bands and music are rockin'. Exciting times for music lovers and dancers in Melbourne. And rockabilly band gals rock!!!!

Last edited by Jitterbug; 05-10-2015 at 10:09 AM.