0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Cough Etiquette

Cough Etiquette

How many times at a dance class do you see people cough into their hands and then continue with the lesson, spreading germs around the whole class?

Children are now taught to cough into their elbow, or sleeve, instead of their hands, to help prevent the spread of colds and flu, but our generation had the "cough into your hand" message drummed into us. It's time we should all try to break this habit and promote the "Cough into your sleeve" message.

So next time you are out dancing and need to cough, think of your sleeve, not your hand. And if you have a cold, be considerate of others and stay home instead risking spreading your germs around.

Perhaps dance classes could have posters promoting the cough into your sleeve message and also provide hand sanitizer. For a small outlay for hand sanitizer they would be stopping the class numbers dropping in winter from illness. Mention the idea at your next dance class and lets all keep healthy.

Re: Cough Etiquette

I agree wholeheartedly. I know we have hand sanitiser at our dance classes.

Good topic Joceb to talk about especially during our present winter 'flu" months. Not just those attending dance classes but I hope dance teachers will also take note as it could very well impact on their cash and profit margin too as you have explained Joceb. And not just dance classes, I suppose it applies equally to social dancing as well.

On a related topic, whilst attending dance gigs, I am continually amazed by a number of people who tend not to wash their hands after going to the toilets. Just imagine the number of dance partners they come into contact with during the night and the multiplier effect when they in turn dance with other people after.....

Thought I'd chuck in two bob's worth on this one, what irks me the most is, we turn up at a dance and numerous casual acquaintances have to run up to us and start kissing,and cuddling, now I know it was probably the norm, not sure but some of these people seem to get some sort of orgasm from the bodily contact, we're just not into it, now with the advent of some serious respiratory diseases just waiting for some unsuspecting body to infect; now I've had two & my chick has had one hospitalization over the last 18 months with days of intravenous antibiotics,not much fun eh, other nasties to collect is where a hand shake is all it takes, scabies, nits, herpes or infectious skin diseases, and with the Ebola virus running rife in some counties on the African continent, where exchange of any body fluid is more than likely a death sentence, coughing is not a good look,
    It's becoming more normal for a knuckle punch hand shake, with your real good friends and a polite hello to everybody else
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Oh my god! Lighten up people. Not sure, but like us you are all probably 50+ and like the many emails that have circulated have survived eating dirt and worms, travelled on airplanes, kissing and hugging all our friends, danced with smelly dirty non handwashed people, used public toilets . . . the list goes on. If you are worried about the occasional flu or severe life threating ebola maybe you should stay locked up in your sterile bubble. For all the others, go dancing, live life, have fun, die knowing you left nothing behind. Tada!