03-04-2024 06:30 PM
0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Cool Cat Rockers Rocked!

Saturday night myself and a few friends traveled to Shepparton to see The Fender Benders at the Cool Cat Rockers Dance, WHAT A NIGHT!
    The Band was bloody unreal and played some awesome songs, they had lots of energy and the crowd loved them with the floor packed all night.
    The hall was of good size, the floor was a little slippery but it was a great night with myself and my friends hardly sitting down not wanting to waste any of the music. Thank you Cool Cats, I'm sure I will be visiting again

Re: Cool Cat Rockers Rocked!

Well done Rockin Sweetheart we also had a good time at the Cool Cats, the Fbenders are just brilliant, we never miss a chance to see these guys, it was pure R&R all night with the exception of one song being slightly Rockabilly, we loved the floor, good music and a fast floor is always a good combination. Spent some time planning the attendance to this dance, knowing it would be a sell-out we payed our tickets well in advance. Then planned a travelling dancing weekend, left early Friday and travelled to Barooga Sporties Club, yummy food, long winded raffles and great music by Maurice Milani & John Jakupak ( alias Elvis; The Rumour). Then did some rubber necking on our way to Shepparton Saturday arvo.

Yes the Cool Cats Dance was sold out, I figured so much, who could miss a night with James, Terry & Fred, they’re so talented with their dance music, it’s like sweetheart said you just wanted to be on the floor all night, it’s so good to go to a dance and basically not have to sit down. To have R&R dance music with no stops fantastic beat made for the feet, big dance floor to fit 200 odd, loads of friendly country rockers all doing the same thing, and having a good time doing it, and yep about 3 days to get over it all. Oh well we’ll do it all again next weekend I suppose, old timers disease allows you to forget how buggered you made yourself at the previous dance. We had a great time too Cool Cat’s Thanks. Hey Fender B’s thanks for a great night. We’ll see you in about 3 weeks,
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Thanks for the kind words "Rockin Sweetheart" and "gjo267" The band thoroughly enjoyed 'emselves as well. Mighty fine country hospitality and it was great to see so many people from the local and surrounding (and the not-so-surrounding heh heh) rock 'n' roll clubs and what about the spread at suppertime That was simply astounding. Hope to see you all again sometime in the future
    Cheers
    Terry (The Fender Benders)
    My plan is to live forever . . . so far so good

Driving up the Goulburn Valley Highway on a foggy Saturday night is seldom a pleasant journey, but you know that once you get to the Shepparton High School gymnasium things will look up. That's what happened last Saturday night when the Shepparton Cool Cats Rockers' third dance this year was happening.

There was a bit of shuffling of cars at the the front entrance to get Baz and Linda's new toy, a '66 Thunderbird convertible, parked along side the '53 Chevrolet sedan. Baz was determined that the chevy wasn't going to get all the attention!! Besides, we often see the chevy and all were rather surprised to see the T. Bird being out in that nasty fog.

The crowd were building up inside, and why not; word had got out that The Fender Benders were playing at Shepparton. By 8.30 pm there were around 220 people just raring to go. They came from Twin Cities Rockers Albury and Linga Longa from Yarrawonga. Bendigo Jailhouse Rockers fronted by the bus load, Rose City Rockers from Benalla and Cobram Rockers also having a couple of tables. And as we were at Shepparton, Di's Dancers, Shepparton Youth Club, and of course Cool Cats made up the rest for a fantastic night of Northern Victorian Rock and Roll. As usual, supper was fabulous and as we all needed an energy fix it went down very well.

Suddenly, it was midnight and even more suddenly 12.30am and the band stopped playing and folk began the journey home. The best bit was that the heat generated in that gym was such that the fog had lifted and the T. Bird was still a bright red.

Thanks Fender Benders and all the folk who travelled long distances to contribute to our dance, Y'all made it a success and I hope you enjoyed your night as much as I did.