0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the detonators!

the detonators!

a blast from the past!!melbournes rockin blues band rip it up back in 1999.i first saw this band in 2oo4,hooked on there music n style ever since.playing at the gully this sunday arvo..

Re: the detonators!

Hey Tezza I'm with you, we been trying at every chance to see and dance to these guys since our first, by chance, attendance in 1999 to a gig at a little pub called the Newmarket, just east of Albury, suppose our most notable experience with the Dets was attendance at the Canberra Prom Ball, now this was something, you could see parliament house from the venue a few 100mtrs away, this very flashy Club venue charged us $1 for temporary membership for the night, we had a Ball (Ha Ha)that night the Dets near blew the windows out of the place. They play all over the place another notable venue is the 16fters club in Belmont this place is an out of this world setting on the lake and a regular gig for the Dets fantastic big dance floor and lashings of seating available, the Dets certainly pack this place out.
    I could go on, needless to say sometimes our holidays hinge around traveling to see these guys at some obscure venue like Cann river.
    They are very infectious and everybody we successfully get to see them, fall in love with this band. It's been a hard slog for the band and a load of long haul traveling, 5 up in a little van.
    They are great we love em.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I must agree with you 'Tezza'. The Dets have a unique style and a powerful energy when they perform their jump-rock raunchiness. I understand the infectious nature of Detonators music you talk of 'gjo 267'. In fact, I’m gonna go get infected a bit more this afternoon at the Gully.
    Here’s my latest Det vid.

Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Thumbs up Re: the detonators!

Jazza, the songs called My Saving Grace,rock rock rock rock rock n roll is the chorus.Close but no cigar!!!!! That wasnt the song you were asking the name of,you must have more stuff there.Lets see it.
    Thanks to you and tea cosy Tezz for putting the vids up.
    Dont forget The Dets at The Monash Sat 25th June
    Nice boys don't play rock n roll

ha ha!dave,my tea cozy grey hair covering woolie ya mean..thanks mate.great afternoon out at the gully,yeah that last tunes awesome too.bit like bill hayleys r.o.c.k!just two miles faster..tezza.