01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

froggy went a courtin

I heard this at a friends house and it reminded me of my dear dad now gone. It seems to me the old muusic had a lot of fun built into it back then but they must have run out of songs to sing about real folk. I kinda dig this beat but for the quicker dudes have a listen to HANK C BURNETTES version ,IT REALLY ROCKShttp://youtu.be/0xYVj1XSk-E
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Re: froggy went a courtin

How can I get to copy this song? I just love it and all those on itunes are all too fast .

Burl Ives recorded this song -- I liked it too , although I can't tell the year it was on the hit parade .

Glad you like the tune cirrus and beverleye. Your right beverleye Burl Ives did record the song as did Elvis,Bruce Springsteen Buddy holly and well so many.Tex Ritter and the brothers four but like url Ives these seemed to be a little folky. Have a listen to Hank C Burnette sing it,very cool indeed. I will search my music cirrus for the track on mp3 and if I find it I will send off a pm.I have so many flash drives with music on them and I know I have it but failing that I will grab the track off my friend that has it on vinyl and transfer it to mp3 and send it over to you. http://youtu.be/v1S1NqpYXuk
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Cop those guitars -- great sound . the version I heard was real folky -- you're right ray .. and there is another version, just can't think of the singer

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hi cirrus, I can e-mail you a copy of Froggy Went A Courtin’ by Kenny Layne. If you pm me an address, I will send you the file.
    Cheers,
    Jazza.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

I live at Dandenong Vic. Teach beginner and Intermediate Rock-n-Roll and Salsa privately.

Quote Originally Posted by cirrus View Post
    How can I get to copy this song? I just love it and all those on itunes are all too fast .
    Add the free version of freecorder 4 to your toolbar, you can then copy all audio and all video, Convert it to many file types and burn it to cd or dvd.
    An Info Video and Download link are here. http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php