0 Replies
The Moonlighters @...
Last post by GJR's
20-02-2024 10:38 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Bright Ink n Oil Festival

Went to Bright for the weekend with The SEEDSTERS...maaaate we had a ball.
    This festival should really kick on...the only down side was the accoustics/sound at the Basketball Stadium....nothing that could be done for the Friday & Sat nights....thanks to all who stayed & endured....You've all heard The Blackhill Ramblers & the Speedsters under better conditions.....
    hopefully next year the venue will be better...all in all a FANTASTIC weekend...thanks to the organisers for booking the bands & doing a fantastic job creating the festival
    Robbo
    A Good Dance is worth the time it takes to get there.
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Re: Bright Ink n Oil Festival

My head hurtz, Thanks to everyone that came along,we had a great time, couldn't get around to seeing all the acts but what I did see were Class.. Thanks to Cliffy for recomending us, Shane for the Sound and Fosters LTD for my head ache.. all in all a well organised gig.. Thanks Bright..

Re: Bright Ink n Oil Festival

Hey Franky........Dont thank me 4 the sound.....Clive,CJ and l did the best we could do.....Cheers mate Shane BHR

Well I for one didn't notice anything wrong with the sound and had a great time dancing both nights in the huge stadium. Great to have soooooo much space to dance, although the small crowd on fri night did lack a bit of atmosphere. A great location, great music, beautiful town, stunning weather. Only drawback was no dance floor on the sunday and I hope the organisers put in a proper temporary dance floor next year as if they want to charge $35 for the day I would expect something other than grass to dance on.

It was a huge weekend for Michelle who was the girl behind the RIO Festival.
    She got 6 hours sleep for the whole weekend.

To take on such huge challenge is for the brave.

It was a big burden she carried on her shoulders to bring in the dollars to ensure the costs of the weekend got covered. Bands, equipment hire, hall hire, dance floor, wrist bands oval hire, barricades, safety vests, clean up, accommodation for bands, tables/chairs/umbrellas/gazebo hire & erection, website set up, advertising, signage, putting up signs, printing, t.shirt/merchandise production, trophies etc etc etc.
    Added to that the finding and recruiting of much needed support and help.

Michelle welcomes feed back. She can be contacted on facebook on the Bright Rockabilly page.

As with any first event, some things worked better than others, some things went wrong, but for everyone who visited, I'd say most loved their stay.
    People rocked up from as far as Perth and Bunaberg.

The bands rocked.
    Road Ratz with Ehrin Long on lead and vocals, Braiden Mann (dums), Jake Schembri (Bass) wont be around for us to enjoy long because they are going places. Young, gorgeous and talented. What a combination. Ehrin's original material is going to make that kid rich and fast.

Atomic Hi-Tones with Ehrin on lead and Matt Hunt on bass have had a makeover of the highest order. Cliff is loving having Ehrin on board, so is enjoying it before Ehrin & the Road Ratz get poached by world domination. They all head to Sydney this weekend for Vavoom Fest at the Sydney tattoo Convention @ the Sydney show Grounds.

Cliff Jolly- hardest working man I've ever met.
    Slow down because I cant keep up. We are stuffed after 4 set ups and pack up of PA. We took and used two systems to expediate setups. At Rockabilly HQ the powered mixer was running red hot. We should have put a fan on it.
    It caused a bit of a crackling noise a couple of times but otherwise the sound was thumping.

No Brakes from Sydney put on an awesome show Saturday night and made use of the dance floor for a rockin finale which had the crowd piled up front to watch the action. Sunday they hit the stage around 12 and added to their fan base before the long drive home to Sydney.

I missed seeing the Speedsters, Blackhill Ramblers, Rockin Daddys and DJ Antony because I was stuck at the mixing desk in another venue, but knowing their ability to consistantly deliver has been confirmed by the words of others. The venue they performed in was huge. The biggest sea of timber for dancing in the southern hemisphere just about but acoustically a challenge. With the growth of RIO, the venue which can accommodate 100's is an asset for the town regardless of the hard wall surfaces and steel roof for sound.

Wild Turkey are what they say, wild. No dancing but very entertaining. When the sun was high and hot it was an entertaining ride under the umbrellas watching and listening to them.

Flying Saucers - Fantastic. 10 out od 10 for sound, on stage presence, awesome material and style. The band has "IT".

Detonators. Ditto Shane. The Dets are like a big powerful train coming through with Jimmy up front driving. Love their style, sound, theatrics and music.

Paulie Bignell & The Thornbury Two is Paulie (guitarist) from the Detonators showcase for some of his original material and vocals. Paulie performed several tracks form his brand new CD "Red Eye Flight". I wish there were some other words so I didn't keep using awesome, but there isn't, so what can I say- awesome.

Infernos - Don Wycherley is an amzing song writer - credit where credit is due - Great big fat sound on his bass and he can belt out a pretty good tune too. The Infernos were an awesome finale to the festival and made the whoa to go worth every second. The Inferno's won a few interstate fans I noticed too.

The Crowd. Lots of colour, tattoos, great dancing, receptive, queues, fun, smiling, happy.

BRIGHT - Absolutely beautiful. The town is just gorgeous. The weather was perfect all weekend.
    The main drag was alive with people in the street Saturday enjoying the music and soaking up the social scene and stalls.
    The park on Sunday started slow but sooner gathered momentum. A perfect layout surrounded by mountains. The nights were alive with the buzz of people.

With people like Michelle behind it, the Bright RIO Festival is bright.
    The first time round is hard as finances are extremely tight, support and help in short supply and proving it can be done is a mountain to climb.

Anyone who ummed and aared and thought they would wait for reports about the weekend before attending down the track, missed out on a wonderful event, as the many from round australia who swarmed into town can attest to.
    Last edited by FIGJAM; 07-03-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: DYSLEXIA

Just wondering Figgy how many rods turned up.We all knew it was going to be a music fest but it was and Ink Oil rods and rockabilly weekend. I havent spoken to one person yet that took a rod up there but do in November. The bands and the dancing would have been wonderful to be a part of but as we were intending to go and couldnt (wedding) would have been a little ticked off if there was only a handful of cars turn up. What makes Bright in November is the whole gambit , cars ,music and dancing.We all know rockers and rodders dont mix that well which is why Bright in November is so great to go to. Any chance of showing some pics of the weekend .
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Dance Floor
    There was a huge dance floor (that cost around $2000 to hire I believe) set up in front of the band stage on Sunday, but after concerns about it being slippery on the spongy grass base, Michelle rolled it up rather than risk injury to anyone.
    At least that is what someone told me. Michelle could shed more light on that.

All I can say really is WOW what a awesome weekend and how many people there was around over the weekend a pretty good first effort. Yeah sure there were teething problems but all major events will have had to go through these.

Yes there wernt many cars but hey Johns rod and custom picnic started in a shed and look at that now. It is more music based than the rod run so comparing the two really isnt justified. With more people will come more cars.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Michelle, Susie and crew for having the guts to stage this as not knowing the scene and knowing what you were in for you took a chance on us and I thank you and hope we returned our grattitude by having fun and booking for next year.

Also I would like to thank Cliff and Maryann as they didnt stop all weekend.

Roll on next year I say
    never worry about what someone has to say about you because while they are busy trying to destroy you, you are being exactly what they only wish they could be!

As usual Figgy you put yourself last. Michelle might have got 6 hours sleep but im guessing you got none. You just kept going and going. Every time I looked, you were at your sound desk or keeping an eye on something or someone including Cliff. While the Esky was a nice Rio acknowledgment for the help you all provided ,I think they should shout you and Cliff a night at the Crown towers to unwind.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    It was a huge weekend for Michelle who was the girl behind the RIO Festival.
    She got 6 hours sleep for the whole weekend.

To take on such huge challenge is for the brave.

It was a big burden she carried on her shoulders to bring in the dollars to ensure the costs of the weekend got covered. Bands, equipment hire, hall hire, dance floor, wrist bands oval hire, barricades, safety vests, clean up, accommodation for bands, tables/chairs/umbrellas/gazebo hire & erection, website set up, advertising, signage, putting up signs, printing, t.shirt/merchandise production, trophies etc etc etc.
    Added to that the finding and recruiting of much needed support and help.

Michelle welcomes feed back. She can be contacted on facebook on the Bright Rockabilly page.

As with any first event, some things worked better than others, some things went wrong, but for everyone who visited, I'd say most loved their stay.
    People rocked up from as far as Perth and Bunaberg.

The bands rocked.
    Road Ratz with Ehrin Long on lead and vocals, Braiden Mann (dums), Jake Schembri (Bass) wont be around for us to enjoy long because they are going places. Young, gorgeous and talented. What a combination. Ehrin's original material is going to make that kid rich and fast.

Atomic Hi-Tones with Ehrin on lead and Matt Hunt on bass have had a makeover of the highest order. Cliff is loving having Ehrin on board, so is enjoying it before Ehrin & the Road Ratz get poached by world domination. They all head to Sydney this weekend for Vavoom Fest at the Sydney tattoo Convention @ the Sydney show Grounds.

Cliff Jolly- hardest working man I've ever met.
    Slow down because I cant keep up. We are stuffed after 4 set ups and pack up of PA. We took and used two systems to expediate setups. At Rockabilly HQ the powered mixer was running red hot. We should have put a fan on it.
    It caused a bit of a crackling noise a couple of times but otherwise the sound was thumping.

No Brakes from Sydney put on an awesome show Saturday night and made use of the dance floor for a rockin finale which had the crowd piled up front to watch the action. Sunday they hit the stage around 12 and added to their fan base before the long drive home to Sydney.

I missed seeing the Speedsters, Blackhill Ramblers, Rockin Daddys and DJ Antony because I was stuck at the mixing desk in another venue, but knowing their ability to consistantly deliver has been confirmed by the words of others. The venue they performed in was huge. The biggest sea of timber for dancing in the southern hemisphere just about but acoustically a challenge. With the growth of RIO, the venue which can accommodate 100's is an asset for the town regardless of the hard wall surfaces and steel roof for sound.

Wild Turkey are what they say, wild. No dancing but very entertaining. When the sun was high and hot it was an entertaining ride under the umbrellas watching and listening to them.

Flying Saucers - Fantastic. 10 out od 10 for sound, on stage presence, awesome material and style. The band has "IT".

Detonators. Ditto Shane. The Dets are like a big powerful train coming through with Jimmy up front driving. Love their style, sound, theatrics and music.

Paulie Bignell & The Thornbury Two is Paulie (guitarist) from the Detonators showcase for some of his original material and vocals. Paulie performed several tracks form his brand new CD "Red Eye Flight". I wish there were some other words so I didn't keep using awesome, but there isn't, so what can I say- awesome.

Infernos - Don Wycherley is an amzing song writer - credit where credit is due - Great big fat sound on his bass and he can belt out a pretty good tune too. The Infernos were an awesome finale to the festival and made the whoa to go worth every second. The Inferno's won a few interstate fans I noticed too.

The Crowd. Lots of colour, tattoos, great dancing, receptive, queues, fun, smiling, happy.

BRIGHT - Absolutely beautiful. The town is just gorgeous. The weather was perfect all weekend.
    The main drag was alive with people in the street Saturday enjoying the music and soaking up the social scene and stalls.
    The park on Sunday started slow but sooner gathered momentum. A perfect layout surrounded by mountains. The nights were alive with the buzz of people.

With people like Michelle behind it, the Bright RIO Festival is bright.
    The first time round is hard as finances are extremely tight, support and help in short supply and proving it can be done is a mountain to climb.

Anyone who ummed and aared and thought they would wait for reports about the weekend before attending down the track, missed out on a wonderful event, as the many from round australia who swarmed into town can attest to.
    Hey big thanks to you Figjam & Cliff for making us & all the other bands sound great. The big bass sound was mostly down to you ,so big big thanks for that,also thanks for diggin my song, it was a fantastic weekend,cant wait for the next one.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I must admit, the amount of work that Cliff and the Fig put in was undescribable, far k me those people live on adrenalin.. Good work guys, just make sure you've got ambulace cover geez they work hard..

Frank we were mere participants like all the bands.

Michelle and her helpers were the ones.
    Michelle was everywhere. Setting up tables carrying chairs, carrying boxes, handing over show bags, rolling up dance floors, Dealing with bands arriving at where they were to stay and wires crossed, selling t.shirts. Her phone kept running hot and at times she just couldn't answer she was so busy. I guess while her hubby held fort maintaining their business. Your own bills still keep piling up while you are working for your community.

Even Michelle's little kids were hard at it picking up rubbish.
    Michelle's stress and worry levels would have been maxed out. I felt for her watching her everywhere trying to do what had to be done.