01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

Double Bass For Sale

Czechoslovakian plywood flatback double bass in excellent condition. Probably came into Australia in the late ‘80’s through Lamberti Bros. It’s considered a student bass by the classical bass teachers and still highly regarded. It’s a much better buy than a Chinese bass as it will hold (or appreciate) its value in the future (provided you don’t paint flames on it). Thick ply wood and robust construction, quality machine heads, tail piece, tail piece wire, bridge and very good to amplify. Sought after Rockabilly bass

I bought this bass last year for a project and it's done its job. Since I got it I’ve had it setup by the expert.

The bass owes me $1700 but is worth a lot more. I’ll throw in a brand new iCover bass bag valued at $425 for only $250 and I also have a brand new Revolution Solo pickup which I bought for this bass for $180. The bass could use a new endpin and the strings will need to be replaced for rockabilly unless the player is OK with steel strings

Contact Tony on 0439 635 763

Re: Double Bass For Sale

The Expert being Ben?
    "I shot a man in Reno..Just to watch him Die"

Re: Double Bass For Sale

No, not Ben, but someone equally capable (not me). The bass needed only fine adjustments - soundpost was too tight and in the wrong position, the string slots on the bridge were too tight, the strings weren't wound on to the string posts properly, nut slots needed lubrication, the bridge needed relocating so all those issues were sorted out. The bass was twice as loud after these adjustments.

Ya wanna buy it Bolto?