Last post by Rockintones
01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

The ReChords....wondering if promoting on VicRock is beneficial?

So people.....I'm trying to decided if advertising gigs on here for The ReChords is worth it?

O.k....so I've been advertising shows on here, and elsewhere we seem to be gaining fans from all parts of Melbourne and all walks of life through the non-rockin' venues we play and through other promotional sources yet I very rarely see or hear of many of you who 'know' this music coming to see the band from Vic Rock.

Is there anyone on here that appreciates great music? If so, we think you should break out of your 'circle' of bands/venues and experience some real 'rockin' music....and yes, you can dance to it.....if you have a pulse and can feel a beat it's definitely possible.

See you at a show sometime.

The ReChords.

P.S. (Album is in the making.....stay tuned for updates)
    Tyron (Rone) - The ReChords
    www myspace com/therechordsmusic

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: The ReChords....wondering if promoting on VicRock is beneficial?

There are many ways to advertise ones band, 1 is in print, like our good friends @ The Rock and Roll News, which is as cheap as chips,or the gig guide in the Sun or Age,(have your credit card number ready), and the other is here, which last time I looked is still free, and yes a **** load of punters do look here, bands adds are seen by more people than you think. If one punter that views this site comes to one of my gigs, well I guess I didn't waste my time huh ?...

Good luck with your shows

Rone, VicRock is my social bible. I also get updates from bands via myspace & facebook, but this is my first point of call to find out who is playing and where. As a punter, I would strongly suggest you continue advertising here.
    cheers

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hey Rone,
    In my book, the ReChords are the best authentabilly band in town. Re advertising on this site ... well ... as Frank mentioned, VicRock is free. Talent is one thing, selling that talent is another. Promotion and frustration go hand in hand ... plus it's a ship load of work. I'm sure things will all come together for you.
    Keep up the great tunes.
    You guys rock.
    Last edited by Jazza; 07-02-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

I will come see your band Rone despite your drummer prejudices haha..

Rone - much like Foxy Vic Rock is also my social bible. I am probably a bit slack but it is in fact the ONLY place I check to see what bands are playing where. Like Frank & Jazza have said, its free on here thanks to Mel so I cant see what possible harm comes from spending five minutes on here telling us what (& where) your band is at.

Mea culpa. I am lazy.

I love the ReChords' sound, look and concept but I am spoiled by living in the centre of the Rock universe; Ferntree Gully.

"Comfort zone" is 100% right. I hardly ever go out of the eastern suburbs to see a gig. All the great bands come to me at the Gully, Micawber, Lit M's, Dandy Workers, the 'Nash, Rockin' Suzies and the like. And now the Green Table is coming back.

I can park at all of these places without having to figure out what the parking restriction signs are saying (and I used to coordinate Parking Inspectors) or to drive around a network of tiny streets, most of them one-way (the wrong way) to find a spot.

I can crawl home from the Gully. ( Abe Simpson voice - I kind of remember a couple of New Years ago ... )

The last time I went to a show close to the City I came home minus a side window, spare change, prescription sunnies and CDs.

Rone, the band is superb and the music super-dancable, so please bring the boys back to East.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.