01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

goodbye stranger!supertramp.

one of the best bands to come out of americe(canada)supertramp!in the seventies,with hits like this one,goodbye stranger,dreamer,the logical song,give a little bit,take the long way home,most on the classic album,breakfast in america.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5NB...eature=relatedif you havnt got this album,buy the cd for your car,great listening...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbP...eature=related

Re: goodbye stranger!supertramp.

Hey Tez,

Good to see some Super Tramp. I think they were a very good "vocal band"
    Correct you on the origins of the group. Super tramp were from the United Kingdom.
    They had there greatest success in Canada, U.K and Aust and latter in their career, America. Which is surprising given the name of their best and most popular album "Breakfast in America".They began in 1969 with a small amount of attention, became main stream in 74-75, moved to America in 1977 and released "Breakfast" in 1979. The Scottish bass player wrote most of there hits.
    (Most bass players are the brains, McCartney, Brian Wilson etc etc)....

Cheers,

Bolto
    "I shot a man in Reno..Just to watch him Die"

Thumbs up Re: goodbye stranger!supertramp.

thanks for the correct info on supertramps origins bolto,i dont take many comments and info on youtube seriously anymore,as all they do is bitch!instead of enjoying the music...it was uncool for males to dance in the small pubs around nz in the 70s(disco fever)so we just enjoyed the local bands and bought albums and cassette tapes and had parties!so no time to think where they really came from,tho the aussie bands stood out!acdc,australian crawl etc,but back to supertramp,great vocals!and great organ and piano players,hodgson?the lead singers name,all jesus lookalikes!and yes i guessed they were from america because of that special album.jumped on a jumbo,like to see america?(obviously from canada or uk)thanks mate...ps,the logical song is my fav,but?the sound quality is trashed!at over 3 and a half million hits on you tube.