01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Re:Thumbs Down. No LIfts or Jumps

Public Liability insurance is hideously expensive. So in order that the risk of potential injury is minimised, jumps and lifts aren't allowed because of the potential costs involved. Some dance floors and dancers aren't "prefect" and accidents and slippages can happen. Same with the cost of replacing broken fittings for the owners of the venues should a "throw" go awry" (sp?). It doesn't take much to break an ankle or sprain a wrist (or worse) if the hand grip/hold is wrong or there's liquid on the dance floor.

If someone was to injure themselves and/or break fittings via a throw/lift/jump, the cost of insurance claims and repairs, etc, could send a business under.

Keep that in mind next time you think it's not fair that some restrictions are in place. These "rules' are in place for everyone's safety.
    You can't handle the truth!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Surely you heard of the infamous jump and lift incident at the St Kilda town hall dance all those years ago. Carnage it was, lucky for all of us the RARDOJAL ( Rock and Roll Department of Jumps and Lifts ) intervened and banned such dangerous behavour.

Luckily for me I was but a small child and there was already a ban on children attending venues so i did not actually see what happened back in the day

Im sure someone will tell me how it was

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Perhaps one day they will make a movie about it.
    Incident at St Kilda Rock :laugh:

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Flyinsaucershaun wrote:
    Surely you heard of the infamous jump and lift incident at the St Kilda town hall dance all those years ago. Carnage it was, lucky for all of us the RARDOJAL ( Rock and Roll Department of Jumps and Lifts ) intervened and banned such dangerous behavour.

Luckily for me I was but a small child and there was already a ban on children attending venues so i did not actually see what happened back in the day

Im sure someone will tell me how it was
    I have never experienced a ‘lift or jump’ incident at a gig, but a young neighbour of mine did. He told me how he witnessed many punters jumping off a stage then being lifted at a ‘Big Day Out’ concert in Melbourne. He decided to have a go himself, as there was no signs saying ‘NO LIFTS OR JUMPS’. When he jumped, the crowd spread out, hence, no lift. He told me how he really dislikes a crowd that does that. I’m with you Shaun, the display of large ‘No Jumps & Lifts’ signs should have been at this concert and the RARDOJAL should have been deployed. My neighbour (Feral) survived his fractured skull.
    Jazza.
    :unsure:
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.