0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
    wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

R.I.P David Brown (Brownie)

Funeral Monday 4th May, 10:30 am, Boyd Chapel at Springvale Botanical Cemetary, Princes Hwy Springvale.

It is with great sadness, as already posted, I inform you that my dear friend Brownie passed away Monday night 27th April. He had been battling cancer for the past few years and kept his pain to himself, family and close friends and in true Brownie fasion didnt want a fuss he fought long, hard and with everything he had on Monday night he finally gave in and laid down his sticks.

As information comes to me for funeral details i will post them here, at the moment after speaking with family it looks like the funeral will be Monday, it will be announced in tomorrows paper,

This man was the driving force behind the promotion and management of Itchy Fingers from when we first started gigging back in 1992, i don't think the band would be where it is today if it wasn't for all his foundation work done in the early years, he lived and loved the band he helped grow into a regular and constant performing outfit, one thing about Dave he knew how to sell.
    He would get us in the door and he reckons "the band did the rest"

Over the years he never missed a gig, always prompt and on time and set up ready to go,In all we played together for 15 years Itchy Fingers will miss him and i will miss him immensly,

Brownie was a proud, private person he lived with the love of his life Shirl and raised two fantastic twin boys Christian and Andrew one of wich made Brownie a grandfather for the first time. He was thankful that he lived long enough to meet his beautiful grandson Bailin.

We will miss the language and one liners that would crack us up time after time, the countless games of UNO at gigs in the breaks and at Wintersun, when being delt a bad lot of cards he belt out "Mate! i gotta hand like a FOOT!!" and upon losing he 'd tell the winner "you've got more moves than a can of worms!"

Priceless laughs and good times,

But for now Brownie, rest mate, no more pain, say hello to my sister and Uncle Vinnie up there, we'll miss you, your mate - D

Last edited by ItchyDom; 01-05-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Re: R.I.P David Brown (Brownie)

I saw Dave on NYE when he came to play with Itchy Fingers at the Monash Hotel and as usual you could see him coming straight at you from the other side of the room to say hello and have a chat....
    The one thing that sticks in my mind is his reply when I asking him how he was going, in true Brownie spirit he said "Not bad for an old bloke on a one way ticket". Even with his ill health he could still have a joke and a laugh...

Dave you will be sadly missed by all. R.I.P Mate...

Snappy

We had the pleasure of doing that gig at New Years Eve too. He was on fire on stage that night. Our deepest sympathies go to Dave's and his brothers in Itchy Fingers.. Rest in peace Dave

Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

Words seem inadequate to express the sadness I feel today. Brownie you were courageous to the end. My condolences to Shirley, Dave's Boys and Itchy Finger's Dom, Rob, Steve and Damian.
    RIP Dave Brown aka Brownie
    Last edited by UTOPIA; 29-04-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

It was with great sadness that we heard the news. Brownie was always full of life and optimisim! I still remember the days of the flying tigers, playing the court jester hotel, and arguing with kevin, even in the middle of a set!

He was so happy when the Itchy Fingers started, he threw himself into it 110% just like any project he took on his commitment was total.

We miss seeing him down at our factory, he used to visit when he was working for Auto action. Even when he knew he wasn't well, he never let on.

Our sincerest condolances to Shirley and the family, and the boys from Itchy fingers.

A great man who will always be remembered

Love, Mike & Jen

Red face Re: R.I.P David Brown (Brownie)

brownie, a man never afraid to tell it how it was, if you were being an idiot he'd be the one to tell you so, and for that i personally gave him the respect that he desereved. a man that always had a smile despite his own problems, always had time for you even when he was in a hurry. brownie you will be sorely missed. mate tell'em up there for me. fuzzy