01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs down Warning! "Views" Manipulation

Is it not true that politicians and pollsters love the "numbers" game? They ’ll say to you (and me) they ‘ve got the numbers ............. to support whatever propositions or wheelbarrows they are interested in pushing to the populace. Perhaps it’s no different, for example, to the often reported tendency of certain Labour party’s leftists to “stack” their local branches prior to party pre-selections.

In our beloved Vicrock forum, we get to read so many and diverse information, views and opinions on bands, music, people, events and dances. Some posts may very well be more interesting and relevant to a large number of people and therefore, rightly so, attracted many more Post “views” on this site. Other posts may not have received as many “views” but nonetheless these posts are just as valid and useful in contributing to the overall information and opinion sharing which are fundamental to the objectives & integrity of our Vicrock forum.

In my opinion, there is no glory in “stacking the numbers” on Vicrock forum. As a moderator, I am pleased that I haven’t received any complaints of Post “views” manipulation on VicRock. And certainly, at present, I believe there is no proof of such tendencies here.

God help us if we have “Mugabe wannabes” on our site. Post “views” manipulation is not right irrespective of the reasons & justifications for it.

Let it be known that it will not be tolerated on Vicrock.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs down Re: Warning! "Views" Manipulation

Geez I dunno what the world coming too..... Looks like I have to say it again When the flag drops the Bull Sh** Stops. Oh and there's the other saying, which goes... Don't Bull Sh**t a Bull Shi**er... As always much love people is that what your trying to say Bug ? lol

Re: Warning! "Views" Manipulation

Frank - I don't know what you are on about or what you are trying to say.

So for your information, what I am saying in my post is very simple. There is no need nor is there any glory in the deliberate manipulation of the number of "views" for any post on Vicrock, for whatever reasons or justififications. This applies to you, me or any forum members.

regards,

Paul

Ok Paul I'll put in terms which you can understand... I agree, hows that buddy ?

I have to say that when I read this it took me some time to understand what it was all about. Does anyone really care how many views a thread has had? And......what does one achieve by boosting up the views, if what Jitterbug said could be possible?

I'm just a little at a loss to see how this would affect either the thread itself or Vicrock. Surely boosting a thread by posting would make more sense than just viewing?

Have I missed something here?

You have missed absolutely nothing Longgonebaby. You are sooo right "WHO CARES" Most of us have more useful things to do with our time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    In my opinion, there is no glory in “stacking the numbers” on Vicrock forum. As a moderator, I am pleased that I haven’t received any complaints of Post “views” manipulation on VicRock. And certainly, at present, I believe there is no proof of such tendencies here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post

what I am saying in my post is very simple. There is no need nor is there any glory in the deliberate manipulation of the number of "views" for any post on Vicrock, for whatever reasons or justififications. This applies to you, me or any forum members.
    First you say you're glad it doesn't happen. Thats good! So why bring it up as a topic?

Thumper
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

Thumbs down Re: Warning! "Views" Manipulation

Further more, how in gods name do you intend to police it?? Scenario.. I sit outside as a guest and click away all night, how are you going to be able to tell who is responsible?, oh I forgot you Can't... It is impossible to do unless you scan every IP that looks at your site , and that takes some big ass software, you know, MI6 type of gear...as always, much love.. Me
    Last edited by Frank; 15-04-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Hey Jit Been watching this for some time now, it seems Jazza is still winning by 500 plus,so everybody needs to get CLICKING ! Only being facetious, don't worry
    about it we aren't. Who gives a continental about the "Views". we're after the info.

Just having a look, is not as good as having a feel.

I guess you being a " Moderator " jitts, you`d be able to straighten out any manipulating............ (For what ever this is about beats the hell out of me )

you can start- you can stop at your own discretion as you have started this little topic that i see is of no relevance...

Is there some sort of competition going on that hasn`t been aired ?
    Or am i just a little behind in the Know !!

No Big Deal..

gaylene
    "Just for the HELL of it"

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by gjo267 View Post
    Hey Jit Been watching this for some time now, it seems Jazza is still winning by 500 plus,.
    Hey gjo267. Maybe you can explain what sorta competition I’ve entered into??? Man! … the last time I was this confused is when these people knocked on my door and asked if I was a Jehovah Witness??? I told them “how could I be? I didn’t even see the bloody accident”!!!

Post edited by Mel - off topic
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Question Re: Warning! "Views" Manipulation

Hmmmmm!! I think you have to be a member of the "Mod Squad" to really understand what this is all about.....
    Is there some sort of mysterious trophy secretly awarded to the post with the most "clicks"??
    Seems most of us are in the dark here, Bug....
    All I know is - my mum always said "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"...........

Post edited by Mel - off topic
    Virgs

Someone wanna close this crap! And lets talk about sheilas or something interesting PALEASSSSSSSE !!!

It seems that most people don't care about the views count so I have disabled them.

Frank, tracking software has come a long way since you were involved with the Internet. I can trace the offenders in 20 minutes if I could be bothered. I'll explain more to you in a pm.

This topic is closed.
    ~ Mel ~