0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Detonators Blast The Gully

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC DAY
    IT WAS AT THE GULLY YESTERDAY. FORGET ANY REFERENCE TO 'CHURCH' THIS WAS A FULL BLOWN 'SERMON ON THE MOUNT' LOAVES, FISHES, WHOOPIN' HOLLERIN' AND YES THE DANCING. DANCE WELL YES IF YOU COULD GET NEAR THE FLOOR THAT IS. A HUGE CROWN, SO MANY NEW FACES, WERE SPILLING OUT ONTO THE ROAD (WELL ALMOST) FROM THE FOOTPATH. WHY?, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ROOM INSIDE. TO SAY THAT THE DETS HAD THE FAITHFUL IN THE PALM OF THEIR HANDS WOULD BE LIKE SAYING - WELL MAKE ANY EXPLOSIVE ANALOGY YOU LIKE, WAY BEYOND NUCLEAR. A GREAT PERFORMANCE BY THE DETS, THESE GUYS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER. THE CROWD SHOWED THEIR APPRECIATION BY BEING THE MOST VOCAL THAT I HAVE HEARD AT THIS VENUE. LUCKY THE EPA WERE NOT AROUND. SERIOUSLY THOUGH THERE WOULD BE MANY A SORE JAW AND SORE THROAT TODAY FROM THE LAUGHTER AND YELLING THAT WAS ON DISPLAY YESTERDAY. THANK GOD (NO PUN INTENDED 'CON) ITS A WORK DAY TODAY. AND BY THE WAY DID ANYONE SEE CON OR WAS HE TRAMPLED BY THE CROWD.

Re: Detonators Blast The Gully

Young Gag. Your description of yesterday arvo's events at the Gully are spot on.But, what im thinkin is.You musta been into the holy water big time. I only said hello and shook hands with you twice. To say I wasn't around shows what an impact I have on people. Or, then again Maybe I was in my office doing a a stock take of the the lemon scented mothball cakes at the bottom of the urinals (you have no idea how many go missing over a period of time) . I think some guys use them as breath mints. But ,no matter. I was there and as usual, along with the crowd had a fantastic time.
    Last edited by icon; 11-02-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: never put the letter.. a.. in the word a (is a... a word?)

, I did not get to go to your office yesterday, could not fight my way through the crowd. It's one downside of a packed house and surrounds.
    My apologies though Icon, now that I think of it, you were there, and there and there. You were the guy hiding amongst all the women. If hiding was what you were doing. Sounds like you and everyone else had a fab time also.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yeah!!! Rockin the Gully went off yesterday. Many new faces, many smiles and the end result were lotsa satisfied punters. The Detonators in one word … entertainers. These guys just blend it together and deliver their stuff as one polished unit.
    The size & enthusiasm of their audience also helped the killer performance. They played all their popular songs from the older ‘Broken down old Ford’ & ‘Skinny Skinny Skinny’ to ‘Time Machine’ & ‘Top night out’ off the new CD.
    Great to see musos steppin’ out and supporting other bands. Sighted were … Flyin’ Saucers’ Belinda & Dave, Tony Vandermeer of Hillbillistics, Bassist Jay from West Oz, Drummer Brian Francis and just back from the States … Firebirds’ Pete & Chris Dee.
    And Gag … although Flanagan’s was packed like sardines in a tin, I sighted Icon twice on the day. Once in his office and once at the end of the day when he was crawling outta the place. So I guess he got out ok to attend next week’s sermon delivered by ‘Flatfoot Shakers’
    Hallelujah Brothers & Sisters!
    Last edited by Jazza; 13-02-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention a muso ... Brian.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Smile Re: Detonators Blast The Gully

Now my computer is firing on all cylinders ... I'll try to load these pix of last Sunday again. Click pix to enlarge.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.