0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Merimbula rocked

Hey Guys just got back from a 7 day working holiday in Sunny Merimbula where the Rock just ooozed, It was spectacular to say the least, the crowd at the Bowling Club on Saturday night were just fantastic, a heap came down from Canberra, and they danced all night.
    We had a surprise Visit on the night from Brian Cadd who was great, a wonderful man and a supporter of Rock and Roll.
    On the Sunday At Sapphire rock well, that was a blur so many stars sheeesh I thought I was in the milky way,We got to do out set around 3:45 pm and were doing our last number When Frankie J Holden Got up on stage with us and we did one of his songs from O'l 55 days, that was a buzz, then it was Jetty Road who took to the stage they have not 1 but 2 lead chick singers, I must admit the eyes did not hurt at all .
    James Blundell burst on to the stage,and wooed the crowd with his style of country rock, followed by James Reyne who did an acoustic set, then the 3 amigos in Girls,Girls Girls( Wendy Stapleton,Nicky Nichols and Deborah Byrne) Singing all the girly hits of the 60's, they were fantastic, perfect pitch and harmonys.
    The Radiators showed the crowd what 80s pub rock was all about BANG right in ya face.. We also had a special appearance (Straight out of the Grave) Lucianno Pavarotti gave a performance, you got to see this guy what an act!!.
    Last but not least the one and only dinosour of Aus Rock Mr Brian Cadd
    Caddy killed them they went nuts to say the least, he did songs from axiom, The Boot leg family and all his hits from the 60s 70's Brian did better than a standing ovation he had in order of at least 20 ladies Bras thrown at him, I of course got the blame he looked me and said that was you right? I said Nup was for real mate, he then continued to laugh and we being nice people put them on his head neck and anywhere else we could think of.
    All in all a sensational weekend of Rock N Roll, Aus Rock Many thanks to Frankie J Holden who looked after us Sam Gordon for being the greatest chick in the world, Merimbula Bowling Club and Bega Cheese for allowing us to be there... Frank
    PS:If you want to see footage of the Speedsters at Sapphire Rock Log on to
    www.myspace.com/speedstersau
    Last edited by Frank; 08-02-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Re: Merimbula rocked

Sounds really really good Frank.. Now I can see you you say your heading back there - sounds like a really great weekend and some of the names (acts) you have nominated would be wonderful to see.

Re: Merimbula rocked

Wow!! what a weekend...What Frank said!!!...& a huge buzz networking with the artists/performers going to & from the stage..... seeing Frankie J working with the Speedsters looked soooo natural...the whole weekend...well worth the trip..
    The whole weekend so professionally organised 'by the powers that be' at Merimbula.