0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Gee..long way

Smile Gee..long way

Went down to Geelong on sunday, to the Jukebox rockers weekend annual event to see a midget elvis and the great rockin daddies show our country cousins how real music is played.Sue kept asking me if we were there yet? I said soon. She said Gee..long way. I meet up with Jitterbug (who, im sure was a dog in a previous life) He kept trying to lick my face every time he was close to me.. It was a nice sunny day with a big crowd. They had a wooden dance floor on the oval outside in front of the stage. I think half of Melbourne were there.The beer was reasonably priced and the hamburgers very tasty.As the day wore on I stumbled in to the main hall where the championship contests were being held. There were some very good dancers on the floor in the middle of their act.I think they all should have won a prize. I asked kevin if he needed a hand with the judging. He told me to piss off. Later that arvo I checked out all the cars on show .Then, had a dance or two . Finally my driver took me home , put me to bed and tucked me in. P.s the midget elvis was a 9 year old kid with a huge future.The Rousers were good too.
    Last edited by icon; 15-01-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: had to put in a full stop.

Re: Gee..long way

wow Icon !! i`m impressed with that summary,
    did you get any fab photos or was you to busy escaping jitts affection ??
    i give credit to sue what a brave woman!
    geelong`s not that far away & its a scenic drive,
    "Just for the HELL of it"

Smile Re: Gee..long way

On and off throughout the arvo, it was hot and then at times breezy & cool day at the Geelong R&R Festival 2008. It was my very first trip there and was pleasantly impressed by the large spacious ground to hold the festival.

It was a carnival atmosphere and there was a very good crowd present, hotrods & classic cars on display, a few merchandise stores, food & drinks stalls and in the main hall where the R&R dance competition was being held. Amongst the competitors were Brian & Marg and the young couple, Allie(?) & her partner from Topcats who were the subject of a previous post here on Vicrock.

Arriveing late, I missed out seeing the Rousers but was impressed by the Adelaide band, the Cruisers, who played a selection of medium pace classic & commercial R&R tunes. They were followed by the ever popular Rockin Daddys, complemented by a couple of fill ins from the Lowriders, closing out music & dance proceedings for the festival.

As Icon said in his post, there was a large wooden dance floor set up on the lawn. With all the dancers there including Missclawdy, BluesyBob, Rocky & Jo, Irene & Sandie, John from Ballarat, the Blackhatbetty & Jukeboxrocker2007 mob etc, the dance floor inevitably was full throughout the day. But was surprised not seeing local Geelong girl, Rocker14, there. Hope she's still rockin' as young rockers like her are the future of rock n roll.

Hey Icon - it was indeed hot at times there, and with the non stop dancing I did, was only natural that on a couple of occasions my tongue was hanging out for a drink. But I do have to apologise for "accidentally" grabbing your bum when executing one of my more elaborate dance moves. LOL

I enjoyed my first Geelong R&R Festival, and hope to be there again in 2009

p/s: Tried to load some pix as attachments here and on the Gallery but failed each time. Not sure why ........

Smile Re: Gee..long way

Thanks for the info guys.

Bugz your explanation just reminded of when there was a variation of the dance move "Jeff Kicks" known as "Con Kicks".

This involved the usual Jeff Kicks footwork but featured the man's right hand planted securely on the woman's left buttock.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Thumbs up Re: Gee..long way

Well well. Jitts . Heres me thinking it was that cute chicky babe dancing behind me that grabbed my arse.No wonder she slapped my face when I grabbed hers.....And as for you Robe.When I do my kicks I need to hang on to something or, I might fall over. A womans left buttock just happens to be handy every time..truedinx...