I occasionally get emails from members requiring help. Rarely are they nasty. Quoted below is a recent one followed by my reply. Luckily this sort of email is extremely rare. I’m posting it here because the email address given is wrong (it bounces) and the one in our database is the same so I can’t reply directly. The incorrect email address is part of this member’s problem. There might be other members that will benefit from the information below as well.

Quote from a message sent via the Contact Us page –

“why do you clowns make getting into the site so difficult. i have better things todo than frig around with passwords etc. we wanted to see where there might be a dance tonite, but i can't remember my password because i have about twenty of them.... so i try and get it re'set, toohard by half so we will go to a dance that has nothing to do with you lot. could u simplify your site and why do i need a passwaord to find out about a dance for petes sake are you clowns or what?”

Reply –

“In case you hadn’t noticed, the information provided to you on the VicRock website is free. The only thing we ask is that people go through the inconvenience of registering to access the events calendar.

If a member needs to access the events calendar regularly they should click the “remember me“ checkbox when they log in to the VicRock site. Those that do this don’t need to remember their password and have the privilege of not logging in because every time they visit the site they are ‘remembered’, are logged in automatically and can access the events calendar immediately.

The issuing of a new password is a straightforward automated process. If you haven’t received the emails regarding this, have you changed your email address since registering? Emails need to be sent to the person requesting a new password to verify that the person requesting the password change is in fact the owner of that user name and not someone up to mischief.”