The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

Thumbs up Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

I would just like to say a very BIG THUMBS UP!! To the Black Hat Daddies Rock'n'Roll club in Ballarat,

Last night we played thier Rock'n'roll Dance in Ballarat and it was fantastic, you could not meet a nicer group of people and such lovely hosts, a cosy little hall in Ballarat North,

they were well supported by other country clubs such as Ballarat Rockers,Bendigo Rockin 50's, Geelong Jukebox Rockers (and boy did they have a reason to be happy last night!) and even Renegade Rockers from Melbourne,

that's what's good with these country clubs, they support each other and come to dance and have a good time, i wish them all the best in their future ventures,

can't wait to get back up there, apart from some local hooligans taking advantage of some nice people having a dance by damaging their cars in the parking lot, it was a great night had by all from my own perspective,

to Georgia and the crew keep it up, i recomend any band to look after these people and go up and play for them any time

Cheers - Dom and the Itchy Boys
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Thumbs down Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

hi itchy dom,john and georgia always put a goodnight on at there dances,the only fault we had and a few others did say that your band isnt as good as use to be,they hadn,t heard half of the songs that you was playing,we all hope that use will be playing alot better than use did for the rockin 50s dance in november,ive heard use play better than what use did on saturday night and yes i was their. there was even quite a few that wasn,t happy with use at barham on the friday night,and yes there was some of the rockin50s at barham to listen to use to see how use where,and they were disappointed on how and what use was playing,im sorry to let use know this but its better for use to know,we hope use will play alot more of rockinroll songs better ,at this dance in november 29th.in bendigo.good luck.

Cool Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Thanks for the wrap Dom, & thanks also to all the other clubs that support us. I must have missed something because I don't know what jukeboxrocker is talking, about every song was one that just pulled you up out of your chair, you know the ones that just make you jump out of your set because you just have to dance to them! Plus it's always good to hear the odd different song that isn't played by every band every week. Great job & what an amazing guitar solo to cap off the night!! As to the vandalism that occured to peoples cars, the Black Hat Daddies sincearly apologies to all but would like to assure everyone that in the future ALL Black Hat Daddies dances will have SECURITY PATROLED CAR PARKING.

Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

My first reaction, as a Moderator, was to delete Jukebox Rocker’s posting; seeing it as just another lame attempt to stir up trouble.

We should be able to critique bands on Vic Rock. Mostly the reviews on here a full of praise because our bands really are world-class but there should be ways of constructively noting performance issues.

But then I wondered if it was some kind of local joke; particularly with all the spelling and grammatical errors. I do hope these are all deliberate.

Then there is the issue of “they hadn’t heard half of the songs that you was playing” (sic).

I cannot imagine the Fingers playing badly so if this post is meant as a serious criticism perhaps this is the nub of the issue.

This is difficult for me to understand because:
    a) I’m pretty sure I know all the songs they play (even Tarantella) , and
    b) I prefer dancing to non-Top 40 tunes.

Perhaps we could hear a bit more about the point of all this?
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

Unhappy Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Well that didn't go as planned Ha Ha !!!

Hey i'm always open to criticism, we aim to please, but i'm not sure what you mean? if you want more main stream rock'n'roll no problems, i believe we can cater for that, but i've really been playing along the same song list for the last ten years, we put in some rythym and blues numbers here and there to slow down and break up the pace a bit,

This is the first negative vibe i've recieved since Itchy Fingers started 14 years ago, and i must say it hurts a bit, but i must take positive from it and move forward,

but i must state that since returning from our trip to Wintersun due to personal reasons, i haven't been able to field the same Bass player and Drummer in the line up, i've had to use fill ins each week, and we are working on sorting this out but it needs time.

Jukeboxrocker i will take your advice on board, we used to have this discussion years ago when Pitrone's was up and running wednesday nights, don't play this song cause it's bluesy don't play that cause it's Rockabilly, my answer was you don't want to hear the same song every week do you? otherwise you might as well book the same band every week.
    There are so many songs from the 50's & 60's era surely you don't want to hear the same 40-50 songs every week?

main thing people have always told me is keep it at a dancable pace not much about which song but as long as it's a dancable song, sometimes we get a bit excited and get fast so i'm sorry for that but as Elvis said in Jailhouse Rock "It's the beast in me Honey!" just kidding.....

Jukeboxrocker hope to see you soon and we'll have a drink and i'll be more than glad to discuss and take on board your thoughts.

i know you can't please every body but we'll sure try,
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Smile Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Itchy and scratchy .. Hey Use ool doo me bois I rekons yoos r real good, no madda wot sum peepl sai use are da bestest.... O and as dey sai in the kuntry ...beepa beepa
    This obviously is a joke right ?
    I ,Me =She

Yep !!! Reckun ima wit u sal !!!!! gotta give them there boys the clap for travellin so far from home !! reckun cut lunch was had yeah !!!! might be da fresh air `a`...... keepa beepa domma!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

It's ewe's get it right.. hahaha...
    Oh and for the record for a bloke like Dom to come out and be so gratuitous, has to be respected, myself? I love the band , I have on the odd occasion sat in with the band and find Itchy as a whole are a professional outfit with positive attitudes and are crowd pleaser's. Good onya Dom ...

yeya franka ......
    ewes is right,
    wat da ya tink the loveliest ms WANDA wasa tinkin ???
    reckn she seeen the light a shinin true hey!!!
    no ovfas was chose "A"
    i just gotta leern a right!!!

Well I take my hat off to ya Dom. I wasnt at the dance and dont know if you and the band played good, bad or just indifferent - my attitude is you cant please everyone all the time. Dom has got on here, accepted a bit of criticism and happy to move on - now there is the mark of a real man and one who accepts that not everything is 100 % all of the time. I have been critical of two bands on here over the years and got yelled at and stomped on from every quater so now if I go out and think things are not great then I dont even bother commenting. I reckon a few others could learn a thing or two from Dom and know that sometimes a bit of constructive criticism can be good thing.
    P.S I did see Itchy Fingers at Barham a couple of weeks back and in my humble opinion thought they and the dance were good.

Smile Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

JBR 2007 .Are you for real? Itchy fingers are one of the best bands in Melbourne...How can you sit still when they play....Maree .Maree. And another thing.You should take some spelling and grammer lessons from Terrance 7.

Have your say,,, Longtallsally,,, Baby Ruth and Icon, by giving the band a rap,
    JBR2007, was only giving an opinion about the songs played on the night.
    no need to be unkind.

I just noticed this thread and read what was said.....

We had the pleasure of working with Dom and the boys a couple of weeks ago at George's.
    You guys put on a great set man and I see no reason why it shouldnt be any better elsewhere...

Cheers

Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

well howdy doody hotrodgirl, please you have taken my comment to heart it is all a bit of fun, (FUN)
    as you have known jukeboxrocker2007 for quite some time
    you obviously know where she is coming from,
    no demeaner intended on my part please accept my apology to you an jukeboxrocker2007,
    as for the itchyfingers i myself have not seen them since wander jackson night at richmond that night they where fantastic,
    this band sings a range of styles i have heard in the past and blues is not one of my favorite so i choose the band that suits my desire at the time when i want to go dancing,
    wether it be rock'n'rock,country,rockabilly,70`s.80`s or just back ground music at dinner,
    hey!!! everyone has a go at something sometimes so you just got to take it on the chin, it`s not a bad thing at least you get lots of different views, feedback is always required wether good or bad, its nice to know what people want,
    no one is perfect, if i dont like a band the first time i see them i dont go back and i dont drag on about it either. happy days to all you guys.

Allen Guest

Talking Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Re....
    jukeboxrocker2007 I reakon you wrote that Dom, trying to get more publicity for your band, we arnt stupid you know.
    You bin around 14 years, you must be doin something right.

I have listened to bands in the U.K. and in South Africa Zimbabwe Zambia, and I can tell you Melbourne has the best out of the whole lot.

You are all better than you think, you just dont know it ............

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Re....
    jukeboxrocker2007 I reakon you wrote that Dom, trying to get more publicity for your band, we arnt stupid you know.
    You bin around 14 years, you must be doin something right.

I have listened to bands in the U.K. and in South Africa Zimbabwe Zambia, and I can tell you Melbourne has the best out of the whole lot.

You are all better than you think, you just dont know it ............
    Although I agree with you on this one Allen and I understand where you are coming from, the point is that if we all thought we were gods gift to Rock n Roll, we'd be worse off don't you think ?...
    We Rock cos we luv it, and only we know how to rock ,it comes from within, the feeling one gets whilst performing is Unbelievable, none of us realy needs to jump to Dom's defence ,because when that kids on stage ya can't touch him... Out.

Lets try these keep fingers crossed

H:\georgia\BHD's\rocknroll\BHD's Sep07dance 003.jpg

Okey lets try again, pic's from Black Hat Daddies dance at Ballarat 29/09, take 2!
    URL=http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bhdssep07dance003qb3.jpg][IMG
    URL=http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bhdssep07dance023nz6.jpg][IMG]

[IMG]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4021/bhdssep07dance020db3.th.jpg[/IMG]
    Whooo go Gloria!!!

Allen Guest

Talking Re: Black Hat Daddies @ Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHatBetty View Post
    Lets try these keep fingers crossed

H:\georgia\BHD's\rocknroll\BHD's Sep07dance 003.jpg

Great pics.................the person behind the camera wants to be careful, pics like that go around the world.

Hmm, not quite working the way I'd hoped have another go.
    [IMG]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8355/bhdssep07dance028ji6.th.jpg[/IMG]
    hows that? Anyway gives some idea