03-04-2024 06:30 PM
0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

A Prairie Oyster welcome in true Aussie Style

Music tends to unite ordinary people in an extra ordinary way. The unique talent of The Prairie Oysters did just that last night at the Chelsea RSL. The opening chords from the Prairie Oysters set the scene for a great night of country rock. Those not present missed out on something sensational!!!!! A true Aussie welcome to American country singer Dave Jorgenson. Dave was backed by some amazing local musicians in Greg Peddley from Ferntree Gully on skins, Wazza, awesome lead guitarist from Heidelberg licking those slicks and making that guitar sing on its own, Tony local bass player from Ferntree Gully, peddle steel guru Dave from Bendigo ranks up there with the best, and Bendigo Fiddle player Penelope Somerville. Look out Marcia here she comes. The Oysters first set revved the crowd for what was to follow. Dave Jorgenson from America took over in the second set with the backing of the amazing musicians sought from our very own local Victorian turf. The night proceeded into the third set where Oysters welcomed guru pedal steel guitarist Dave to the stage. This inspired Wazza to join the crew on stage, followed by the Penelope on fiddle, drummer and bass player. In true unselfish welcoming no one gets left out so Dave joined the Aussies on stage. The crowd no longer wanted to Dance but stood in awe. It could only be described as a surreal experience. The fourth set got lost in a combo of both Prairie Oysters, Dave Jorgenson and backing band and in true humble Aussie style Prairie Oysters bowed out for Dave to close the night. A couple of songs in and all musicians united as one powerfully strong musical force playing in perfect rhythm, harmony - no ego just the power of common purpose expressed as one through music from the heart and soul and sheer joy of being together and sharing that form of expression with others. The crowd were gob smacked and begged for more of the uniqueness rarely seen these days. I would gladly pay double the amount to witness this all over again. Oysters are our true AUSSIE heroÂ’s yet again. I personally thankyou for the pleasure.
    Chrissie
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Re:A Prairie Oyster welcome in true Aussie Style

That is just AWESOME!! Thank you for posting that Chrissie. Kudos to my good friend Tony and the Prairie Oysters, well done mates, well done!! I sure do wish I coulda been there.

Raven

IÂ’m relatively new to the Rock & Roll scene here in Melbourne. I began going to Rock & Roll venues earlier this year. Slowly I have come to see more and more bands, and learned about Vic Rock though talking to people I have met while out.
    On Good Friday I was impacted positively when I went to the Good Friday Charity appeal at the Pakenham Hall.
    All day I listened to talented band, after talented band and was touched by their commitment, dedication but most of all the total support to one another regardless of the of the music played in each band. I saw people openly embrace the need to work as one powerful team giving so much of their time and energy to such a worthwhile cause. Not only was it great fun but I was inspired to want to be part of the joy these people shared whilst working so hard at this venue.
    It seems that when the focus of an event promotion is on the talent, the right people turn up in the right places to support what is a wonderful environment to enjoy both music and dance.
    Having said that, I saw Prairie Oyster perform for the first time and loved their style of thumpinÂ’ Country Rock they play. I attended the Chelsea RSL last night and was present when Prairie Oysters, Dave Jorgenson and his talented local backing band mixed it up to play some awesome music. The harmony singing the Oysters pumped out and the sound from those instruments made me want to get up, plug in a guitar and play on stage with them (wishful thinking on my part). I was totally blown away by what I experienced.
    AS UTOPIA said surreal, The Prairie Oysters made me proud to be an Aussie; they cranked up the comradeship between America and Australian musicians
    First time user,
    Thanks Jack

Welcome to Vicrock - Hannara! Your posting on R&R generally and the Prairie Oysters is spot on. Glad to know you love what you have seen & experienced to-date.

We in Melbourne are very blessed with so many good bands and venues. Please come and introduce yourself to say "Hi" to Mel, RobE and myself at gigs. RobE & myself are regulars at Lt Maria's, Ferntree Gullly & the Monash Hotels and Mel at the latter 2 venues. Occasionally, I attend the Dandy Workers Club & Pakenham as well.

Sounds like a great night at Chelsea RSL last night. Like I said on a number of times, the Prairie Oyters are fantastic.

Hi Jack,
    I'm glad you experienced what I did last night. I guess we will met each other around the traps. Life is good shared through the love of music and dance. I was at Pakie as well, it was a great day.
    Cheers
    Chrissie
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots