0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

farewell to rusty and dragstrip trio

Sad to hear that the great Rockabilly band from Perth Rusty and the Dragstrip Trio are finishing up. I heard they had great reviews at Las Vegas this year and were more popular than ever. Their CD "Playing for You" is nothing short of fantastic closley followed by "I aint ready". I hope what ever the boys choose to do in the future goes well and this fan wishes them all the very best. Thanks Guys. B)

Re:farewell to rusty and dragstrip trio

Shane really bad news about Rusty & the Dragstrip Trio from WA here's a copy of email from Richie.

3 SHOWS TO GO....

Rusty and The Dragstrip Trio, are calling it quits after 6 years of pounding out some Wild Rockabilly.

In 6 years the band has produced 2 great selling CDs, 1500 copies of "Playing for You" and over 2000 (and still selling) copies of our Wild Records release, "I Aint Ready".

We've had the privilege of playing the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender in 2005 and just recently in 2007. We have supported Chris Issak, done numerous festivals around Perth and played Queensland's Wintersun Festival. Not to mention our 6 year weekly run at Perth's Famous Mustang Bar.

Special thanks go to all our supporters, friends and family.Tom Ingram at VLV, Reb, Santos and Wild Records. Big thanks to Mike at the Mustang Bar in Perth Western Australia, for without their support there might not have been a Rusty and the Dragstrip Trio.

We will play our last show at The Mustang Bar on Saturday May 12.

Thanks for listening and buying our music, and thanks for supporting our live shows.

Richie

Rusty and the Dragstrip Trio

Re:farewell to rusty and dragstrip trio

Cliff from the Rockin Daddys does a couple of Rusty songs and does them very very well so their music will not be soon forgotten as anyone who has listened to their CD's will testify.