The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Thread: we are spoilt

we are spoilt

Went down to Queenscliff a couple of weeks back and hopped on the "Blues Train". For those who havent been small train with four carriages, an act performing in each carriage, and travels along for around 40 minutes each time stopping to allow the patrons to get refreshments and to change carriage and catch the next act. Really great night and I thought what a great concept would be a Rock N Roll night aboard a train. The Blues Train night (with meal included) was around $75.00 per head.
    We get great venues like the Monash putting on four bands and the cost is around $15.00. Got me to thinking how spoilt we Rock N Roll lovers are.
    What do people think, would the prospect of paying $75.00 a head prevent a "Rock N Roll" train concept working ??

Re:we are spoilt

Good idea, Shane. I would gladly "rob & steal" the money to pay for such a R&R train trip. But I wonder if the business concept is owned by the Blues association? Once again we need entrepreneurs amongst us to get it started ....

A boat trip would be nice too - not that $5,000 a pop to gain entry into that luxurious craft parked somewhere in the bayside and which provides for unlimited ......whatever

The Tassie ferry "R&R" day trip across plus more R&R/Rockabilly once over there would be great on a long weekend!

B) B)

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re:we are spoilt

GÂ’Day tggsb, Unlike yourself, IÂ’ve never experienced the Blues TrainÂ’ so I cannot comment on why I think the Blues Train formula works, but every time someone describes their BT experience, it starts me wondering about a Rock & Roll band on at least one of the carriages.

A gradual introduction of blusey rock & roll may work? A transition from bands that donÂ’t mind playing in a crossover blues / rock style like Jeannie Lush & Bad Blues Boys, The Zephyrs, Itchy Fingers and Detonators etc. Then gradually introduce bands like Lowriders, HJDÂ’s, The Shakers then all the 3 piece rockabilly bands etc????

Before she took herself & her big voice up north for a 12 month holiday, Marisa Quigley from Chubby Rea & The Elevators were regular faves on the Train. I believe The Bad Blues Boys have made an appearance on the Blues Train also.

I agree with you Shane, We ARE spoilt in Melbourne and IÂ’d love to see all the Blues Train carriages filled with rock & rollers Â… it would make for some intimate dancinÂ’
    PS. The Tassie thing is a good idea Bug!
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.