Last post by Jitterbug
20-03-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Thread: Re Shadoogie.

Allen Guest

Re Shadoogie.

I was talking to Alan, Ex Base player of Flash Back, he is now in a band called I.C. Rock. and will be playing on the 21st @ Somerville Hotel, free entry. anyway, it was good to hear him say that they are going real good, and they are happy the way the band is going. (great, I say.)
    However, He said to me, you know another band that is really kicking ass, Allen, Is Shadoogie, they are really going well, they have improved so much.
    Now, I think that was a really nice thing to say about another band.
    :blink:

Re:Re Shadoogie.

I have always liked Shadoogie and I have previously posted on this site that since Billy ONeil became the lead singer they have got even better - they really are sounding great.
    Your right Allen, it is good to hear members from one band supporting another. I remember ringing Cliff from Atomic Hi Tones about doing a gig in Werribee but they were already booked to play in Baram so he recommended Straight 8's to me, he couldnt speak highly enough of them - I told my friend and he booked the 8's for the gig and it was a great night. Bands supporting each other is a great thing...............

We were lucky to share the stage with these guys at Sunbury Festival. I am blown away by the talent in Melbourne in Rock n Roll Bands. Although we did not see any Rockabilly Except for the Black Hill Ramblers and Str8. 8's

Great Town great Bands.

Dave

www.bobkats.info

:lol: Couldn,t agree more about bands supporting each other, My band 5 O,Clock haven,t been on the scene that long but i have seen about a dozen RnRoll bands and met some of these guys and have found all of them to be great guys and willing to lend a hand, have a joke and to be quite honest i haven,t heard a bad band yet. Melbourne really has alot of talented bands of very high standards and if our band couldn,t do a gig would gladly recomend 99% of melbournes RnRoll bands
    Keep on Rockin Clay :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shadoogie was conceived about two years before Allen Walker started Rock and Roll at the Seaford Hotel.
    When the band finally got it together, it was primarily to play at Pitrones on Wednesday Nights, but in fact we started playing at the Seaford on Thursday nights before getting into Pitrones.

All the members of Shadoogie were playing in other bands at the time, hence the purpose of the band being only for weekday gigs, but within twelve months, the demand for Shadoogie Rock and Roll exceeded the workload of all our other bands that we were in.

Due to the very nature of the Rock and Roll scene as Steve has put it, is pretty much why we all got together and have stayed together....And yes, in the main, it really can be fun supporting other bands particularly when we often fill in with each others band if someone is crook and can't play.

So, Allen is definately the one that supported us right from the beginning when Seaford Rock and Roll first started.

You may be weird AL, but thanks.......And thanks to Alan from I.C.for the compliment....I think the last time I played with Alan was in Flashback about years ago.

Lyndon fantastic history lesson. I always wonder how bands get started. The BobKats were once called "Lost Hiway" Then "Lonesome Train"

The group was a 6 peice gospel band, yes stop giggling it is true. It has taken 4 years from then to now.

Janelle and I still attend Church. A Rocking Baptist Church just like all the greats from the Deep South. After all that is where modern music came from. Gospel Blues and hillbilly = Rockabilly = everything else.

I really liked Shadoogie. I got a kick out of the Speedsters as well. Why? Because Brisbane bands like yours up here are DULL. Your Rock n Roll Bands would run rings around what we have in Brisbane.....

The energy and punch is big, you guys mix up the beat and rythmn unlike all the show bands up here. The first song sounds like the last.

Rock on Brothers & Sisters......

Dave

www.bobkats.info