01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

what else happened yesterday

did anyone on here go and see any other bands this weekend or celebrate st pats day. it seems the same people post about the same band, it think it is called hammering the site. ringwood swing was a good as always, a friend went to see flashback yesterday and said it was a good night, loads of people and the band was on form. there is room for lots of styles of music even if it is not to everyones taste. mel can you not limit the number of posts about a particular band or better still charge them for promotion. it is flattering for you that, their manager, promotor and groupies realise this site carrys a lot of sway. time to charge pal.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re:what else happened yesterday

My dear Bree you would know all about site hammering , c'mon be a real woman and come out of your closet won't you
    From what I hear you HAMMER Mel constantly..(translation)
    put my add to the top again mel.
    You have a nice day won't you Bree..

Bree considering you went and saw a DJ instead of a live band then I don't see how you can justify your comments

Allen Guest

Bree, you went to see Flash back, big crowd.......if thats not pushing a barrow.

You could have said the same thing about I.C. Rock, they pull bigger crowds, and their lead singer is something to shout about, If you want to see how good they are, get on down to the Somerville Hotel on the 21st April. I have heard on the grape vine that a some one keeps taking a peep at the site, but will not be posting anymore. :lol:

i dont need to justify my comments if you dont get the gist of what i am saying thats bad luck, or, you will disagree with me no matter what. you obviously dont have anything constructive to add. ditto dear frank. i have said what i wanted to, nothing further to add just now. pleased you and dear old frank were interested enough to comment just the same. :blink:

hi allen just saw your post. nah didnt see flashback but wouldnt have minded going. i will go to the sommerville hotel on april 21st. love to see something new.

TOP NIGHT OUT!!!!

Dave

Hi Maryanne

C'mon Bree tell'm all how you wear army boots to bed go on, Whats this Dave?? Bree Is Maryanne
    Bugga and here I am thinking its someone Important ....

i take back my post!!! but bree really have a winge, it just goes to show that people thought alot of what they saw to bother to post. Maybe saying something about what was on offer this weekend.

Now now kids lets not go up this rd for goodness sake, all we want from now ON is, positive spin eg: I'll love you if you love me, if you chose not to, well I spose here come the judge....

And your all wrong it's not Maryanne It's a bloke and you all know him very well.. Hence the army boots comments by me....

Well your right about that one Frank - Bree is not Maryann but most of you seem to have missed the point. What else did happen on the weekend, where were bands playing, who attended and where are the reviews. There was a festival on at Ararat and one on at Sunbury. I read Shanes comment that he attended three different places and thanked those for attending but no detail. Thats not a go at Shane but just to highlight that no one gets on here anymore and talks about the bands, where they were at and what was happening.
    There are a hell of a lot of good bands in Melbourne but where is the talk about them - yes there is an events calendar but that is not always complete and it would be good to hear more about what local bands are up to.
    The snipe sessions should end - a couple of months ago it was all directed at one band and now its at another - as a mere punter its very dissapointing.

Shane (tggsb) everyone on this site has the opportunity to write a review, if they choose not to, don't bag the ones that do, as Bree did, all I did was write a review of a gig that I attended on Friday night, and I got responses on that post.
    Now was I wrong in adding a post re: the Central Club?
    you all do realise it was more a rockabilly event don't you?, also did you all notice it was written by someone from the rock and roll scene?.
    And I don't remember telling anybody not to add anything regarding their w'end and who did what..
    It just goes to show the lack of support that bands feel they are getting from this site, hence they choose not to post.....
    I think the term is they've had a gut full ..
    Shane i think our posts are similar but I being less tactful than you

I am in agreement with ya Frank - damn I hate that when that happens....
    what I am trying to say I want to read more about Atomic Hi Tones, Flashbank, Honeybee, Shadoogie, Itchy Fingers, Straight 8's, BlackHill Ramblers and so on, yeah even that mob the Speedsters...
    Yes its good to get postings about bands from interstate and where we can catch em but lets hear from some other bands and the punters that follow them....
    I encourage ALL bands to get on here and let us know whats going on. Its more than once I have heard about a gig after its past and thought that "gee I would have liked to have seen that" - that does neither the band, its followers, the venues or us mere punters any good.