01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Guest Spot at The Gully Sunday

After much excitement of both Northside and then Ally catz, Bobcats were invited to do a guest spot at the Gully today. However in moment Â…. Dave forgot Kelly DÂ’s 13 year old daughter is being picked up from Tullamarine Airport mid afternoon. Needless to say, time will prevent them swinging by the GULLY.
    Bobkats will kick off early evening at the MACAWBER so come have a yummy meal and meet Queensland Bobkats team
    hmy: hmy:
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Re:Guest Spot at The Gully Sunday

Well I hope the BobKats take up the offer - the chance to see two good bands together at the Gully would be great.

From what I heard the guys and gals plain ran out of time and only got to the macawber just in time.... How did Melbourne town like our band?

They seemed to like the whole scene from what I hear.

Paul

Seeing as you asked. I saw the Bobcats at Northside and at the Alleycatz dance in Sunshine. There was a good crowd at Northside and a much bigger one at Sunshine however I heard the numbers were very ordinary at the Richmond hotel and Boronia.

I have been waiting to here what other punters had to say about the band before putting my 2 bobs worth in and so far I have waited in vain. Take out the posts by the "promotions team" and the silence is deafening.

Personally I think they are a good tight band. It's just that Melbourne has many of those and they didn't stand out for me and obviously many others.

suprised bruce would bring up the bobkats again. havent we all heard enough. clive the central in richmond would have been a bit of a culture shock for you. good on you for going along and your right space is tight there but it doesnt stop the gully and other small venues. from what people say you do a great job at northside.

Bree,
    Before you start on me for being an organiser, promoter or what ever label you wish to give me honey IÂ’ll give you my perspective.
    Northside is a credit to Clive; I personally was way out of my territory but was made sooo very welcome by Clive, Speedsters and a surprise visit for Kempy and the Bobkats. Both the bands kick ass and I had a great night. Bruce the venue was filled with happy people and the night rocked along comfortably all night.
    I also went along to Alleycats venue and it was also a great night for both bands, the place was also filled with happy people and for me I caught up with friends I hadnÂ’t seen for awhile bonus all round.
    The Central Club was a night you had to be there for to get how it really was, great bands coming together. Hank and Vic got up with Tornado Alleycats and it was something to remember. As for the amount of people, there were plenty. Mark from the central club was more than happy with the turn over across the bar, for those involved a happy team were we with the night. The Bands got paid well for there 45 minute set so what more can be said.
    Bruce correct info for Boronia crowd was down but again like professionals both bands gave their all to the ones who came along. FunnyÂ… small crowd but sales on CDÂ’s were Hugh
    Now for the MACAWBER both The Bobcats and Alley cats went over a treat. The Macawber was rockinÂ’ thatÂ’s for sure again Johnoo was impressed with both bands and has invited them back to play more gigs next time there in Melbourne.
    For me I had the best week end very tiring but well worth the lack of sleep. It was a pleasure to have Tornado Alleycats as house guests along with Wildcat, even Hank had a sleep over I found him wound up with doona and pillow on the couch, funny man is our Hank. So it was great for everyone.
    PS Thankyou to Frank and Tess not only for welcoming us all into your home but for all the running around with pick ups and drop offs.
    Chrissie
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Disappointing the BobKats didnt make the Gully but you cant be in two places at once. I was told they didnt make the Hungarian club either but I dont know the facts on that one.
    I was lucky enough to be introduced to the BobKats band members by Utopia and would have to say seemed like a damn friendly bunch. It was nice to meet them in person and it was good to hear them live.
    I also took the opportunity to purchase their CD which I have now listened too several times.
    Well Bruce here is my "review". I share the same thoughts as yourself. They are a good band and their music is tight but I didnt think they were any standout. Having said that I would certainly go and see them again.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

A good read Bruce & tggsb. Great to see at least two members willing to give a review without being stomped on Â… yet. Thanx guys, you are a glimmer of hope for this site. From little things, big things grow. I believe VicrockÂ’s immune system will eventually overcome any diseases it has contracted in the past. As always Â… my opinion of course. :huh:
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I believe VicrockÂ’s immune system will eventually overcome any diseases it has contracted in the past. :dry:
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Jazza wrote:
    I believe VicrockÂ’s immune system will eventually overcome any diseases it has contracted in the past. :dry:
    You have injected your fair amount of diseases to vicrock

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW"

I think Mel has enough trouble dealing with the "viruses" trying to currupt his files on a daily basis. Remember "Y2K" not so long ago which got us all in panic?

But seriously, never amazes me coming across the occasional creativity and poetic license employed by some of our forum members. Adds spices to the dish we serve it out, so to speak.

I think we can all be very impassioned over certain things, but there is a time we need to move on .......... thank you all for your contribution on this thread.