0 Replies
The Moonlighters @...
Last post by GJR's
20-02-2024 10:38 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Raspberries

Raspberries

In June Rock n roll news there is a "raspberry award" directed at the recent dances with the Lincolns. I would like to point out some facts. The band decided to drive home after the Sat night gig to be home in time for Mothers Day, and the bands sound guy was sick and didn't accompany the band.

The Lincolns posted this on their facebook page about their trip to Melbourne.

"More recently the guys in Melbourne, Milton and Rhonda, couldn't do enough for us when we were there. We were surprised to have meals laid on for us, to have wine on our table, nibbles, you name it... they had it covered. Just about every consideration had been made for us and they treated us with such respect."

I'll leave it up to you to read the raspberry award and make your own mind up if it was deserved or not.

Re: Raspberries

I didn't think that the Rock n Roll News was still around, especially since electronic media has taken over. I've seen The Lincolns many times and have never been disappointed at all. I think the " Raspberry Award " might be more like " Sour Grapes " as, from what i hear, the person in charge of the magazine believes that all dances need to be advertised in his News Magazine to be successful. But both the recent Lincolns dances were both massive sellers without being advertised in Rock n Roll News.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Raspberries

If this is true, the RnR news should stick to reporting on festivals, gigs and special events, and leave the gutter reporting to those who can afford it..