Apart from being fun, social and great for your memory, dancing also has lots of health benefits according to the Vic Govt Better Health website. So next time you go out dancing for a fun night, you're also keeping yourself healthy!!
"Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological well being
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.
Victoria State Government, “Dance Health Benefits” https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/dance-health-benefits"