Over the years, Melbourne rockers have been treated to great music and dancing to a number of wonderful bands hailing from Adelaide. From rockabilly to rock & roll and to swing we have bands like the Lincolns, Lucky Seven and the Satellites just to name a few of those bands.

And in October this month, Melbourne rockers are in for a special treat when another great Adelaide rock & roll band, Rave On, is scheduled to play in a couple of venues here - Flipside on Friday, 14 October and Renegade Rockers on Saturday, 15 October.

Rave On is probably already well known to many dancers in Victoria especially those who have been to Barham, Wintersun or Cooly Rocks On or went cruising with Rock the Boat. The band plays mainly "jukebox" 1950's - 1960's rock & roll music which means it is just perfect for rock & roll dancing. I have been lucky to dance to this band on at least a couple of occasions and therefore I have no hesitation in recommending this band for your dancing enjoyment.

Flipside rock & roll dance is held at the Hungarian Club (760 Boronia road, Wantirna) which is easy access just off the Freeway. Your friendly hosts there are Milton, Sue and Big Al. Entry on the night is $22 and for booking, please call Sue on 0447817879.

Renegade Rockers are held at the Polish Club (6 Helene St, Ardeer). Entry is $23 and for booking, please call 0418132532.

I recommend you make your table bookings as soon as possible if you want to dance to this wonderful rock & roll band from Adelaide.