0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

High Heels on the dance floor

At the Whitehorse on Fri night I noticed a lot of ladies wearing high heel stiletto shoes. Is this a trend that's happening more at dances? They look great, but can be very dangerous on a crowded dance floor if you accidentally get stood on by a thin, spikey heel. One of the great things about rock n roll dances is the sensible, comfortable, flat, or low heel, shoes that all the ladies wear, so even though they look daggy with a stunning dress, you don't worry about it as everyone wears them. I hope high heels aren't going to become fashionable on the dance floor .

What does everyone else think?

Re: High Heels on the dance floor

Good topic Joceb as befits someone with good observation of our dance scene. I personally admire women who dressed well whether in high heels or not. I think your suggestion is reasonable in that there is an increase risk of being spiked by high heels in a crowded dance floor. This is of course no different to being accidentally (or not) kicked by other types of shoes in a crowded dance floor.

I really feel the salient issue is one of practising good floor craft on the dance floor and having good spatial connection with other dancers around you particularly when it is crowded. I hope floor craft and dance etiquette, if not already, are being taught in dance schools today.

Dancing after all is not just about learning new dance moves?

They look great on the dance floor, look very dressy and more stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Just adding to your comment.....agreed they may look great on the dance floor.....BUT .....have you ever been stomped on by a high heel and had your toe broken.....painful I can assure you .....and it doesn't mend well either. Under these circumstances, I would consider that type of shoe impractical...in consideration of other rockers on the dance floor.
    1RedHotLady

Quote Originally Posted by joceb View Post
    At the Whitehorse on Fri night I noticed a lot of ladies wearing high heel stiletto shoes. Is this a trend that's happening more at dances? They look great, but can be very dangerous on a crowded dance floor if you accidentally get stood on by a thin, spikey heel. One of the great things about rock n roll dances is the sensible, comfortable, flat, or low heel, shoes that all the ladies wear, so even though they look daggy with a stunning dress, you don't worry about it as everyone wears them. I hope high heels aren't going to become fashionable on the dance floor .

I'd like to also question the type of appropriate ladies underwear that is to be worn under a full circle skirt or dress.....my question (after being at Flipside on Friday 26th February2016) is ...Is a G-STRING appropriate considering once the female dancer turns or spins, the skirt will show off, most of your 'assets'.....?? I wonder what the protocol would be, considering the female may not have noticed that we all noticed and she was the talk of the night (

Not a good look on the dance floor and I think many would agree. Certainly one way to be noticed .

Smile Re: High Heels on the dance floor

Quote Originally Posted by joceb View Post

Glad someone else have noticed

Smile Re: High Heels on the dance floor

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    obviously never been stabbed in the foot, or grazed on the legs and back of your heels.

I think heels should be worn to the venue as they do look good, but then change into appropriate shoes for dancing, because it damn hurts when you get stabbed by a heel, and as for underwear, g strings are not the norm, poor darling, wonder if she realised, how embarrassing