01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Greazefest Festival in Brisbane

My first visit to Greazefest Festival in Brisbane after hearing so much about it from all my Melbourne rockabilly friends who have attended it in past years. Greazefest is run by Lori Lee and her small band of helpers, and I believe it has been staged in Brisbane for at least the last 15 years or so. It has grown over the years obviously and has now been staged at a large venue at Rocklea Showground which is just 10 minutes drive from Brisbane city centre. It is stage over 3 days from Friday to Sunday.

Friday night was the opening night with 4 bands including local Melbourne favourite - the Detonators as well as American rockabilly band, Will & the Hi Rollers. Great night of music and dancing and the Detonators were clearly the crowd's favourite with calls for encore performance which the band happily obliged.

Saturday was a day-night event which has everything for a 1950's theme festival. There was hot rods and customs display, merchandise galore, food vendors, rides for the kids, fashion show and tattoos, 1950's style barber shops and Miss pin up makeover saloon. And of course, there were lots of bands and lots of dancing to be had. So many bands to choose from with bands playing continuously from 2 stages. My personal favourites were Benny & the Flyby Niters, the Go Getters (Swedish rockabilly band), Rusty Pinto, Flattrakkers and many more.

Unfortunately, due to other commitments I didn't get to attend the Sunday event but it was planned for another music feast for those who were attending.

For those who are keen, Greazefest Festival is moving on to Melbourne this weekend which will be held at Sandown Park from Friday to Sunday. It was huge last year even as an inaugural event and will be bigger and better this year according to Lori Lee, the promoter. Hope to see you all there if you are planning to go....

Last edited by Jitterbug; 22-08-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add video