0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Dance etiquette for asking someone to dance when they have a partner

When I was single I only asked men who I knew from dance class and who I knew didn't have a partner they danced with. Now I have a partner, I get really annoyed with sneaky women who wait for me to go to the toilet before they ask my partner to dance. I have had a couple come up and ask me if it is ok and I have said yes, but really get my back up when a woman waits for me to be away from my partner before they pounce on him. What are the rules on this?

Re: Dance etiquette for asking someone to dance when they have a partner

I think there was a discussion on this type of issue a year or so ago. It can be a bit of a minefield . As there are often more ladies than men, and therefore good leads are sometimes in short supply, a man sitting alone is often asked to dance. The ladies may have assumed you were up dancing with someone else so assumed it was ok to ask your partner. I don't think there are any "rules" about this and if it is an issue and really annoys you then discuss it with your partner and maybe he can politely decline the invitation and explain he's waiting for you to return from the toilet. Maybe you shouldn't feel threatened by other women, but be proud of the fact your partner is such a good dancer that other ladies wish to "sneak" a dance with him. After all you're the lucky one.