01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Ezra Lee & the Havoc Band at Lucky 13 Garage

All rockers love Jerry Lee Lewis and his wild on stage antics. If that doesn't set you on fire then surely his equally as wild & hot rockin' boogie woogie piano tunes will get your toes tapping and heart dance beat racing a million miles an hour. And now Melbourne will get the rare opportunity to see his sister, Linda Gail Lewis - the Rock & Roll "Queen" of the USA, performs at the Hungarian Community Club on Australia Day.

With that music history in mind and also with Linda Gail Lewis presently performing in Australia, I couldn't resist going to see Ezra Lee & his band yesterday at Lucky 13 Garage just to get an initial dose of boogie woogie fever. I love the boogie woogie piano sound of Ezra Lee ever since I first saw him play at the Gully a number of years ago. He was based in Wollongong then but has since moved his musical journey to Melbourne. And a wonderful surprise too to find out his new new lead guitarist and on vocals is none other than Kevin Spears, ex Atomics Hi Tones. With added sax player in the band, how could one not love the band's "boogie woogie" tunes. The band's music is very danceable and most tunes can be danced to suit your particular dance style whether it's rockabilly, rock & roll and even swing/balboa. Personally, I find boogie woogie tunes quite infectious and I love dancing to it. It's a complete package - Ezra Lee's splendid stage performance, his piano playing style and of course those boogie woogie tunes. It's like a music nirvana to my ears and my dancing feet.

The band performs regularly all over Melbourne so do catch the band one day soon if you haven't yet danced to this band.

Last edited by Jitterbug; 20-01-2015 at 07:17 PM. Reason: add video