03-04-2024 06:30 PM
0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

The Streamliners Rocked the FTG Bowls Club

It is always a pleasure to see a band for the first time. And it is even better when the band turns out to be excellent.

The Streamliners went down big at the Ferntree Gully Bowls Club on Friday night (22 August 2014). The audience was very appreciative and the floor was always busy.

The Streamliners are a tight trio. There is Dave Attana out in front on guitar & vocals, Damian Singe on drums & vocals and a driving stand-up bass player (forgive me but I did not get his name).

These blokes have come from a wealth of previous bands and it shows in their musicianship and stage craft.

We will definitely be looking out for their future gigs.

Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re: The Streamliners Rocked the FTG Bowls Club

What a grouse band, Good quick rock and roll all night long, Grouse music,

Third performance for them, They will have a dedicated band of followers very soon,

The last dance was going to be a short slow one, They conned us, Hahahahaha

It went for 15 minutes and there was nothing slow about it, It near bloody killed me,

The lady I was dancing with, I thought she couldnt dance earlier in the evening, How wrong was I, Hahahaha, She dragged me up for a dance, The rest is history, Hahahaha

She was a really great dancer and very Fast, Very enjoyable, I had a wow of a time, She did too, I even chucked a few new steps in I hadnt tried before,, But she followed along tremendously, I Forget her name, But thanks for a great time,
    I will ask you for a dance next time, Hahahaha, Us Old Farts can really Tango, Hahahaha

Well done Fella's, I loved it, So did every one else, Keep up the good work,
    If ya not boppin, ya in ya coffin.
    Rock and Roll will soothe your soul.

Re: The Streamliners Rocked the FTG Bowls Club

Well guys the Streamliners are a great band, I was fortunate to see their very first gig, and figure it was pretty much the same as you saw at the Gully, accept the bass player was a stand in, the one and only very talented Dizzy Davidson, so now we have for your info the permanent bass player Jake Schembrie, Jake comes from a family of bass players, he started playing when very very young, I first saw him when he was about 13yrs old and playing with "Jump n Jive".
    I believe he played with "Runaway boys" and "Road Ratz", he also does quite a bit of locum work, I did see him recently, play a couple of nights with "No Brakes", Arron Keenan told me on the first night, they had never set eyes on him prior to the gig, believe me both gigs were brilliant, Jake is an outstanding musician.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !