01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

2014 Melbourne Open R&R Dance Competition $1,000 Shoot Out

Popular as ever, this is the second year running that Jonathan and Zoe from the Alleycatz R&R Dance School have staged the $1,000 Shoot Out R&R Dance Competition. More than that, there were also dance competitions in various other categories including different age groups for "lifts" and "non lifts" events as well as "dance triples".

This year's winners were Andrew Hawken and Lynette Khan who are also dance troupe members of the Sydney based "Swing Katz". My observation is that they danced a relatively "smoother" style that is quite distinct from the other dance competitors, and obviously, attracted a lot of attention from the judges and the crowd. I particularly enjoyed their display of strong connection, dance musicality and improvisations as part of their dance routine. They displayed great skills in the "lifts" event too.

The final dances were danced to the Rockin' Daddys who were also the featured band for social dancing on the night.

Well done to Zoe and Jonathan from the Alleycatz. And thank you to Deanne for the videos posted on You tube that I hope you 'll enjoy watching .....

Last edited by Jitterbug; 02-07-2014 at 08:58 PM.