Last post by Rockintones
01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Sunday Rockabilly at Pier Hotel - Alive and Born Again!

Only just last month, after been briefed by the gig promoter, I reported the demise of live rockabilly music & dancing at Flanagans bar, Pier Hotel in Frankston. Thankfully, this proved incorrect as hotel management decided to continue with the Sunday afternoon session but with the proviso of a $5 entry charge. There was some talk then as to whether patrons will accept the change although in reality, a $5 charge is not a huge amount of money to pay to enjoy an afternoon of great entertainment and dancing.

I went for the first time to Pier Hotel this afternoon, and I am very pleased to report the place was rockin' and jumpin' all afternoon to the raw, infectious music of the Detonators. Rockers quite obviously accepted the $5 entry charge and, without a doubt, the Detonators too are a very popular band with a big fan club in Melbourne.

We have seen a number of venue closures in the last couple of years. It could have so easy to see the closure of another venue last month but credit must be given to Pier hotel management in continuing to support live music there. So too is the commitment and effort of Cliff Jolly in this regard.

May we all continue to support Sunday live music at the Pier Hotel in Frankston. Keep it rockin' and keep it live!

Last edited by Jitterbug; 30-04-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add video...

Re: Sunday Rockabilly at Pier Hotel - Alive and Born Again!

Ah gees jitts, $5 is a pittance to pay for a top notch band like the Dets, I can remember way back in 1999 paying $20 to get to see them at the local pub, and blow me down every time they came the place was packed with Dancers, who, all payed the $20 and we always had a whole fun time dancing the hell out of that pub.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Hi Geoff, The Joe Galea Band is playing at the Pear next Sunday the 11th of May hope to see you and all the mothers.

Thank you all for coming it sure was a great afternoon.