Last post by Rockintones
01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Seymour Rock 'N' Roll club 20th Anniversary.

Oh what a night it was, it really was, such a night …

It was the 20th anniversary of the Seymour Rock 'n' Roll Club and the celebrations were enjoyed by rockers from all over the place, and a few folk who just went to have a great night enjoying the unique sounds of Kieron McDonald Combo and, with a little bit of switching round, Hank's Jalopy Demons. I, for one, love their sound.

The classic car park was full to capacity as was the Mitchell Council hall which held around 120 people from various country venues and some stalwarts from Melbourne. Clubs represented were Jailhouse Rockers and Rockin' 50s from Bendigo, Rose City Rockers (Benalla), Cool Cat Rockers (Shepparton), Cobram River Rockers, Echuca Rockers, Phoenix Rockers, Mitchell Cruisers, Rotunda Car Club and finally Seymour Rock and Roll Club. Being the 20th anniversary of the club there were also some past club members attending and rockin' and rollin' again. Apologies to anyone I've left out.

Supper – which seems to be an essential part of country dances – was superb as usual. Well done Norni and the other ladies whose names I failed to get, but you all know who you are.

Thank you Seymour Rock 'n' Roll Club from us all. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. May you have another in 2034.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Re: Seymour Rock 'N' Roll club 20th Anniversary.

Been a while, cirrus .....good to read another of your "country gig" review. Nothing's change! The sumptuous supper, as usual !!!

Re: Seymour Rock 'N' Roll club 20th Anniversary.

Yeah, it has been a while Jitts. No excuse, just been slack. We've been around, I've taken my notes and gone no further. I'll do better from now on.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité