Courtney Hughson, who I understand is fairly new to the 1950's rock & roll dance scene but already a very accomplished dancer having won several dance competitions recently, hosted her second rock & roll dance at Bentleigh Bowling Club last night. I missed the first one and from all reports I 've heard, it was a sensational night of music by the Fender Benders and dancing. I didn't want to miss out again.

Parking is good with some parking available in the bowling club itself and lots more along Higgins Street. The venue is not very big but has a cosy atmosphere as a dance venue. For a bowling club, it has the advantage of a big wooden dance floor which I think is essential and which dancers enjoy dancing. There is a bar service but there's flexibility with BYO snacks & everything else. I could see Courtney has put in a lot of effort in preparing the dance with room decorations and tables properly set for the comfort and enjoyment of the dancers. A video camera was strategically set in the room to enable viewing of real time dancing action on two large TV screens. This is something I haven't seen before in a dance venue and a real credit to Courtney for such an innovative idea.

It was a very enjoyable night with music provided by the Rockin' Daddys and DJTC. The atmosphere was generally friendly and relaxed and everyone seems to have a good time dancing and chatting in between. There was clothing and merchandise sale by Vivien of Holloway and for ladies, 1950's pin up hair done by Lee's Luscious Loxx.

Future dances at the venue will be on a monthly basis with Itchy Fingers playing next. Well done to Courtney for her contribution in promoting the 1950's rock 'n' roll dance scene in Melbourne.