01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

BRIGHT RBilly & INK Weekender

This was the first of this event at BRIGHT.
    The previous 2 events were with a different organizer.

Its a big thing to take on.

The layout for the weekend's activity had a huge area near the town hall sectioned off for bands with everything else outside this area. This kept people away from the action while they checked the market stalls, ate, drank etc. This will be changed next year to centralise the activities.

The area sectioned off was ideal with massive trees and lots of greenery.

It bucketed down with rain on the Saturday after a beautiful sunny start, so we had to relocate to the hall after packing up in the rain and going to get dried off.

The outside dance floor was not good for dancing. The promoter was assured by the hirer it would be perfect for what she needed.

Now the good stuff.
    The organizers said they will be staging the event again. They have the benefit of their first event to show what worked, didn't work, could be done differently/better or not at all etc.

Already they have many ideas to make it better and better such as the addition of a huge marquee with a dance floor.

There were a lot of people floating around so the interest is there for this event.

BRIGHT is so beautiful and the perfect back drop to the gorgeous girls (and guys) who enjoy the kulture.

Make friends with the event on Face Book to stay informed.

Parkville,Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: BRIGHT RBilly & INK Weekender

I spoke to the organiser and mentioned that the Facebook event and website needed to be made better so more people knew about and could be shared, which she will do as many more people would of attended as it was a very good event to go in the Beautiful town of Bright. I enjoyed myself and would like to see this as a yearly event. I had a top weekend there and I am sure that others will next year too. It is good that new young people take up these ventures who have passion and enthusiasm and looking always to improve things. All the people and organisers were very honest open to suggestions and friendly.

Yes make friends with them on Facebook to keep informed.

Re: BRIGHT RBilly & INK Weekender

Well said figgy & Bernie excuses don't make it right though, the experience at this festival was all pretty much a let down, I figure from my perspective the organizers have no conception of the 5Ps, hence there was No plan "B" for when the rain started, to make matters worse rain was being forecast days before the event.
    I've been to all the Rio's and can't say the experience was ever fantastic, my advise to the promoters, is maybe do some traveling go and see a few Rockabilly Festivals there are plenty coming up Kurri Kurri, Chromefest, Sapphire Rock & Rod, "Rich River Rod Run & Rockabilly" etc get into dancing it's great fun or hire somebody that can assimilate with rockers & rodders.
    Figgy that outdoor supposed dance floor was used at the very first RIO and was rolled up when it was deemed too dangerous to dance on.
    Sorry guys but I was not impressed, I had a bit of a drive but my expense was only a pittance to some peoples out of pocket costs.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !