"The Cruisers" from Mount Gambier played 50s and 60s Rock and Roll as they always do so well. A truly great representation of the music of the era, played in the 'gutsy' way it was way back then, if my memory serves me right. And the dancers loved it, with the room jumping all night. I'm always impressed with the colours at our Rock & Roll dances. The ladies - and some of the men - always make an effort to look absolutely gorgeous.

I usually do a count of clubs and dancers, but forgot all about it this time. I put this down to enjoying the music too much. However , again from memory, there must have been around 150 - 180 rockers going for it all night AND we had a visit from Elvis. I was certain he had 'left the room', but no, he's at Benalla. Thanks Elvis. Between the well-deserved band breaks the floor was chocka with partner/line dancers. The breaks gave the band a rest, but the dancers just didn't want to stop.

Supper, as usual in 'the bush', was excellent thanks to the Rose City club members and the raffles as always were well received by the winners. Again, thanks are due to the sponsors who donate the prizes. Cool Cat rockers did particularly well, but alas, I was not one of the winners this time.

Thank you Cruisers, thank you Rose City Rock 'n' Roll club, thank you sponsors and special thanks as always go to the rockers who come from all over the state and beyond to support and enjoy the country Rock and Roll dances.