01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Mulwala/Yarrawonga

Just back from the inaugural Mulwala/Yarrawonga positioning for Northern Suburbs Rod Run which for the previous 20 plus years, has been held in Bright.

From conversations I had with people, the town of Bright lost the event because the prices for accommodation, food, dining etc had increased so much it became just way too expensive to stage the event there.
    So, the event got moved.

Yarrawonga/Mulwala has the river and the luxury of huge clubs in the area with great facilities for night time entertainment (Dance floor, dining, gaming) that can cope with large numbers, so it was a great choice of location.

There are also awesome places of interest in the surrounding area to visit for rod runs, cruises and poker runs etc.

There is footy oval with the works for the big day when the cars are displayed.

The support for the Northern Suburbs Hot Rod Club was huge with many cars entered. (Nearly approx. 800 apparently, possibly more). There were many merchandise stalls with lots of car stuff.

The weekend ran smoothly with people getting to know their way around and entrants involved in the programmed activities.

I heard in the speeches that the event is locked in for the next 3 years.

A weekend organized for cars but with great venues for a meal and dance combined with people everywhere and the whole rive town thing, its a winner for all and was a winner for all this weekend.

On the Saturday, the main drag was chockers with rods and people, so the shop owners would be happy except for the Salvos Op shop that was shut. They would have made a killing.

All in all, a great weekend with a massive turn out for the Northern Suburbs Rodder's Rod Run.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Mulwala/Yarrawonga

Spot on rap FIGJAM. The Northern Suburbs Street Rodders have gone back to basics with its new venue at Mulwala/Yarrawonga. The whole weekend had the atmosphere of the first few years of Bright. Mulwala is a fair dinkum hot rodders run. The support of this event by fellow rodders was nothing short of monumentous.
    I spoke with NSSR prez Ray MacDonald on arrival at registration and he was thrilled at the early turnout. He explained his take on the whole Bright saga and at the end of the conversation, he wished the organisers at Bright good numbers in the future. I thought that was a noble thing to say given that Bright was left with 22 years of promo from NSSR for zip. As Ray and I agreed ... There's plenty of room for Hot Rodders and street machiners to boogie in this great land.
    The Atomic Hi-Tones kicked some rockabilly butt as they usually do. The meals at the clubs and pubs were excellent. Always a buzz to catch up and bench race with fellow rodders from around the country. Well done again Northern Suburbs Street Rodders.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.