01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Longford's Rock and Rodz Festival

Attended the Longford Rock and Rodz festival in Tasmania on Saturday night and all day Sunday. Organised by Dave and his wife Wendy (among others) all proceeds are going to Camp Quality, and with maybe two thousand visitors it looked to be a great success.

The Rechords played on Saturday night at the Longford Country Club hotel and again as the final band playing on Sunday at the nearby Longford Showgrounds. They were preceded by the Sin and Tonics from Hobart and two other local bands, the names of which I didn't take note of () but they were all in fine form and kept the dance floor full.

It was a great day for the event weatherwise, which encouraged drivers of over 200 or so pre-70's classic cars to come along and display their vehicles around the large showground oval.

I was pleased to meet Vicrock member Daz-in-Taz and his wife Wilma and other locals who obviously love their dancing and the rock and roll and rockabilly scene and are keeping it alive and vibrant in Tasmania.

Vicrock's Jitterbug did a review of this event when it was held in 2011. Worth looking back to that review and additional comments posted at that time by Figjam to get a feel of how good the Longford Rock and Rodz festival is.
    Last edited by Steve; 07-10-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: corrected smiley
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

Re: Longford's Rock and Rodz Festival

Hey Steve, It was great to catch up with you at Rock & Rodz in Longford Tas on the weekend. Thank you on behalf of Rock & Rodz and the rockabilly/rock 'n' roll dance fraternity for the write up on VicRock. The three local bands that preceded the Sin & Tonics where the Boneyard Cats, Crazy Flatz and The Skooterz. See you around the traps somewhere soon
    Cheers & keep on rockin'
    Dazza & Wilma

PS. Every Tuesday night we (TazKatz Rockabilly Club) have rockabilly social dancing at the Gunners Arms Tavern in Launceston, and... nine times out of ten it ends up in all sorts of fun! All welcome.
    PPS. December 7th - That BIG Rock & Swing Thing! St Ailbes Hall Launceston

Re: Longford's Rock and Rodz Festival

Thanks Steve for the review and it sounds like you (and Sue?) had a great time there. I still remember my trip to the festival back in 2011. Really hope I 'll be back again very soon. The event organisers should feel proud of themselves in promoting a 1950's style event combining cars, live music, dancing and fashions. And if I remember correctly, all proceeds/profits go to charity which is fabulous.

Keep up the good work, Mr & Mrs Tassie Rockabilly (Wilma and Daz) .....